Page 200 of 553 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

when Young's goal was disallowed, there was only one team in it. City had a lucky break and I acknowledge they showed spirit to get back in it and it made for a great match, but it should have been 3-0 and counting.
    I wonder if we'll see doctored up pics of the ref in a City shirt?
    Doubt it somehow.

Actually thought today the players were great..

OK Tevez kicked out slightly and I think YT took a dive, but otherwise it was generally great behaviour and a high level game, there could have been reds, more diving, flighting..

You could see Barry was right on the edge at the end but they held it together. Hart stepping in, Rio's praised him on twitter.. it's a pity the fans can't show the same mutual respect. Another racism incident as well, no idea who's fans, but there has to be severe action now..

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Mancini won't last the season. He's losing it.

i also notice that he was encouraging Tevez to dive today - absolutely disgusting behaviour from a manager and I hope the club condemns it.

Fair play to Tevez for staying on his feet.
    What annoyed me was when Tevez came on we absolutely dominated you to the point where you were slicing clearances just to get them away.

Sometimes in football you play a better team and you have to hold your hands up but yesterday that simply was not the case, you looked average and had the worst defence I have seen in a united team for years.

I agree that Mancini does have to take some responsibility for the defeat I was gobsmacked when I saw Balotelli on the team sheet but once he had figured out his error he changed it and you were hanging on for dear life but in true rag style you got lucky with a deflected freekick.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    What annoyed me was when Tevez came on we absolutely dominated you to the point where you were slicing clearances just to get them away.

Sometimes in football you play a better team and you have to hold your hands up but yesterday that simply was not the case, you looked average and had the worst defence I have seen in a united team for years.

I agree that Mancini does have to take some responsibility for the defeat I was gobsmacked when I saw Balotelli on the team sheet but once he had figured out his error he changed it and you were hanging on for dear life but in true rag style you got lucky with a deflected freekick.
    I thought Rio was magnificent..

We scored 4 goals against you... if we're average it says a lot about you.. I thought we played fairly well.

But we look dangerous all the time at the moment. We are the highest scorers in the league for a reason.

You seem to have missed the point where we should have been 3-0 up which at the very least would have disrupted the game, making your first goal unlikely.

Defensively, we're not playing well at all but we've still got enough in the tank to beat City. Speaks volumes. Mancini really looks as though he's losing it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    You seem to have missed the point where we should have been 3-0 up which at the very least would have disrupted the game, making your first goal unlikely.

Defensively, we're not playing well at all but we've still got enough in the tank to beat City. Speaks volumes. Mancini really looks as though he's losing it as well.
    I'm not so sure about that. When we won 6-1 at the swamp we went 5 points clear of you lot, yet you hauled that back and went 8 points clear at one time.

We hauled that back in 6 games. We have 22 games to make up 6 points. I have no fear. In Mancini we trust.

Aye there's a long way to go yet..

The pressure is certainly on City.. but they have responded well in the past and have a similar fighting spirit to United.. I think too much was made of the infighting..

This is a crazy league, one minute a team is flying the next they lose a few on the bounce.. Swansea go to the Emirates and win.. then lose at home to Norwich.. West Brom are now on a bad run.. looking at the fixture list you can't really predict the results as it seems so random.. Sunderland showed enough against Chelsea and Norwich last week to suggest they may well have a resurgence.. QPR and looking harder to beat, Reading pushed us to the wire.. Southampton have had a run of form.. strangest season for a while.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-clashes.html

Great response by Paddy...

People getting up in arms about United players celebrating a goal in the final minute.. and causing the situation.

That was great drama yesterday, as last season's finale was, just great football to watch, drama to experience.. expecting cool reactions is ludicrous..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-clashes.html

Great response by Paddy...

People getting up in arms about United players celebrating a goal in the final minute.. and causing the situation.

That was great drama yesterday, as last season's finale was, just great football to watch, drama to experience.. expecting cool reactions is ludicrous..

What a tool of a man Crerand is. He sounded bladdered during his radio outburst.

To be honest it reminds me of an interview when he was asked about Mark Hughes possibly buying Micheal Owen he replied it shows desperation on City's part. Then a short time later Fergie signed him and on the show on that day he claimed it was an inspired signing by the old master.

Long may he continue what a Leg end :thunbdown:

What a tool of a man Crerand is. He sounded bladdered during his radio outburst.

To be honest it reminds me of an interview when he was asked about Mark Hughes possibly buying Micheal Owen he replied it shows desperation on City's part. Then a short time later Fergie signed him and on the show on that day he claimed it was an inspired signing by the old master.

Long may he continue what a Leg end :thunbdown:
    OT's a swamp... Fergie= bacon face.. rooneys a fat so and so... crerrards a tool.. it would be remotely cerdible if not everything associated with united had a disrespectful name.. as it is you just come across as a bitter person..

In fact I've only ever seen you once give credit for United and that was at the end of last season.. even in recent posts I've spoken positively about City and some of their players...

Just a small thing I know.. but it gives some credibility if you can sometimes, just sporadically.. see a balanced(ish) view of the world..