Page 241 of 553 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Probably announce it today but it will be 2 years before he actually goes due to Fergie time
    ......:thumbup:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Rooney's been telling his team-mates he wants out in the last 24 hours.

Imagine it Baconface and Rooney out, Moyes in.:thumbup:

It's nice knowing he lost his last ever Derby and at the swamp too :wink:

Here are some things likely to change from next season:

The rags will start conceding penalties, including at the swamp

the rags will start having players sent off

the media will become substantially more sceptical about the rags - not necessarily hostile (though I imagine some will want their last laugh) but less inclined to lap up the bullshit that emanates from the swamp

less time will be added on to the end of games when the rags are drawing or losing

there will be fewer embargoes of referees who oversee rag defeats

when the rags surround referees demanding players are booked or sent off, they may find they are booked themselves - likewise when certain rag players give officials gobfuls of abuse

lower and mid table sides will actually try and win games against the rags rather than simply roll over and die

attendances will fall at the swamp

there will be some dressing room disharmony because some of the big names who kowtow to the Slur Alex will not do so to anybody else

there are many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Here are some things likely to change from next season:

The rags will start conceding penalties, including at the swamp

the rags will start having players sent off

the media will become substantially more sceptical about the rags - not necessarily hostile (though I imagine some will want their last laugh) but less inclined to lap up the bullshit that emanates from the swamp

less time will be added on to the end of games when the rags are drawing or losing

there will be fewer embargoes of referees who oversee rag defeats

when the rags surround referees demanding players are booked or sent off, they may find they are booked themselves - likewise when certain rag players give officials gobfuls of abuse

lower and mid table sides will actually try and win games against the rags rather than simply roll over and die

attendances will fall at the swamp

there will be some dressing room disharmony because some of the big names who kowtow to the Slur Alex will not do so to anybody else

there are many others.
    Strange... not heard this from you before.. end of an era.. like for the last 5 years..

Rooney's been telling his team-mates he wants out in the last 24 hours.

Imagine it Baconface and Rooney out, Moyes in.:thumbup:
    I reckon Warnock is the man for the job....

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Strange... not heard this from you before.. end of an era.. like for the last 5 years..

Baconface has been very crafty here Iain, he knows that the team he has there is crap and that we handed him the league on a plate, he knew months ago that he was having a hip operation but was willing to soldier on.

I dont care who you get in, that trafford team is crap and the new guy will not have any money to spend, whilst we on the other hand we will be going from strength to strength, yet crafty baconchops will sit in the stand all smug when he hears them all saying that it has fallen apart because he has stepped down, when in reality, the new guy wont stand a chance with shit players and no money to spend. It happened before when Busy went.

Baconface has been very crafty here Iain, he knows that the team he has there is crap and that we handed him the league on a plate, he knew months ago that he was having a hip operation but was willing to soldier on.

I dont care who you get in, that trafford team is crap and the new guy will not have any money to spend, whilst we on the other hand we will be going from strength to strength, yet crafty baconchops will sit in the stand all smug when he hears them all saying that it has fallen apart because he has stepped down, when in reality, the new guy wont stand a chance with shit players and no money to spend. It happened before when Busy went.
    Such grace and class from City fans.

How did City hand United the title "on a plate"? The league doesn't lie... the best team wins. It's not the best team finishes in second. City are deluded if they believe anything else to be the case. I suppose they handed Dortmund their CL final place by failing to beat them in two attempts earlier on in the competition? Perhaps someone should explaing the concept of winning to them.

As a Leeds fan I can't say I won't be glad to see the back of ol' Fergie, but it's hard to argue he isn't the best ever British manager. Fair play to him.
    Geoff Clarke

Blah blah blah Danbert. You're like the boy who cried wolf..... Fergie's losing it, tick tock etc etc.

The law of averages suggest that you'll be right one day but it's getting tiresome.

Oh, those shit players only lost on goal difference to you last season and destroyed you lot this season so what does that say about the state of your squad? If Mancini doesn't win the cup final, I think we won't be the only Manchester team without a manager.

I also think you're underestimating the impact of the financial fair play rules which will affect City a lot more than Utd, particularly given your recent abysmal attempts to conquer the lucrative Asian markets.

http://www.soccerticketsonline.com/man-united-announce-record-profits-2/

Financial Fair Play basically means that clubs have to live within their means. That they spend only what they make. So clubs that have the most revenue have a tremendous advantage over those with smaller revenue streams.

And the Premier League club with the biggest revenue stream is Manchester United. United announced today a record third-quarter turnover of £91.7m. To put that number in perspective, in 2011-12 only six clubs in England had annual turnover of over £100m and United have almost equaled that in one quarter!

United raised its 12-month turnover projections to £360m, which will be close to £100m more than any team in the Premier League.

You are right.. SAF's always strayed away from such challenges.. like knocking Liverpool of their f*cking perch.. then when Arsenal did the invincibles.. he walked away.. then when roman and jose hit town.. he didn't rise to the occassion then either.. then City and the Sheik came in and again he didn't come back...

Oh no.. yeah we did.. 13 titles..

Aye it happened before.. you know your history.. the age of the squad is incomparable.. United were too nostalgic.. held on to players past their best.. Fergie's ensured we have constantly been reinvigorated.. you may have missed this bit but we just won the League in one the fastest times ever.. and were on track for a record points total until we won...

And you think City lost it.. not Man U won..

Clutching Keep Straws... reorganise them...