Page 242 of 553 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Blah blah blah Danbert. You're like the boy who cried wolf..... Fergie's losing it, tick tock etc etc.

The law of averages suggest that you'll be right one day but it's getting tiresome.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Its laughable.. its like the Suns exclusives.. release 1000 news stories.. eventually they get it right and then show a picture of them guessing the news two weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Such grace and class from City fans.

As a mark of respect, I propose that all Blues at Wembley wear plums on their noses and rashers of bacon on their faces.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    As a Leeds fan I can't say I won't be glad to see the back of ol' Fergie, but it's hard to argue he isn't the best ever British manager. Fair play to him.
    That's the sort of response I would expect from someone who understands football. Rivals when playing each other and play hard, but recognise achievements of others with respect.
    Those that can't find it within themselves to show a little respect and good grace puzzle me.
    Those that are disrespectful just for the sake of it, or for some twisted type of humour, deserve to be bracketed with idiots like Frankie Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    That's the sort of response I would expect from someone who understands football. Rivals when playing each other and play hard, but recognise achievements of others with respect.
    Those that can't find it within themselves to show a little respect and good grace puzzle me.
    Those that are disrespectful just for the sake of it, or for some twisted type of humour, deserve to be bracketed with idiots like Frankie Boyle.

"It's City, isn't it? They are a small club, with a small mentality. All they can talk about is Manchester United, that's all they've done and they can't get away from it."

"Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour. You cannot do anything about that. They will always be noisy. You just have to get on with your life, put your television on and turn it up a bit louder."

"Not in my lifetime."

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    "It's City, isn't it? They are a small club, with a small mentality. All they can talk about is Manchester United, that's all they've done and they can't get away from it."

"Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour. You cannot do anything about that. They will always be noisy. You just have to get on with your life, put your television on and turn it up a bit louder."

"Not in my lifetime."

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Congratulations to 'the other team' is what the Graceless git said when we won the league.

Compare that to the generous congratulations Matt Busby offered to Sir Joe Mercer when we won the league in 1968.

The Govan piss-can will ever get any respect from me. Never!

In fact i'd go as far as to say that I hope it's a nursing home soon for old Baconchops and with any luck he'll get a carer who supports City and makes him watch endless repeats of the last 5 mins of sky coverage of our last home game of last season against QPR
    .:w00t:
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 08-05-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

"Not in my lifetime."

Not your best day Danbert... clearly you think Ferguson is superb.. all these city fans and scousers chirping away is music to his ears.. just confirms what a top manager he is.. when Sven, Hughes, and the other 15 managers you've had in the last 26 years left we said nothing as they'd done nothing..

Danbert you coming across as bitter blue..

"Everybody expected City to win, but they did it against ten men for half an hour and with five extra minutes to help them. But I congratulate City on winning the league. Anybody who wins it deserves it, because it's a long haul."

Just spouting rubbish.. he clearly congratulated city.. and said they deserved it.. which is more than you have done this year with the 'we threw it away'.. a tad hypocritical..

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.
    Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Danbert you coming across as bitter blue..

"Everybody expected City to win, but they did it against ten men for half an hour and with five extra minutes to help them. But I congratulate City on winning the league. Anybody who wins it deserves it, because it's a long haul."

Just spouting rubbish.. he clearly congratulated city.. and said they deserved it.. which is more than you have done this year with the 'we threw it away'.. a tad hypocritical..

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.
    Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.
    Iain my favourite part of all this media spin is this line of "He's left them in a great position".

Two players retiring, a star centre forward who has maybe 2 seasons left in him, once centre half in his mid 30's, another who can barely manage half a season, Rooney who's form goes up and down more than the members of his local bingo club etc.

In the next couple of years that side is going to need major surgery and he's got out before it goes horribly wrong.