Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: A re-re-re-re-BG on 13th Sept

Ah we back... well done stolly....Enjoyed leg4. Weather was great for my bit ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JanSoLo View Post
    Ah we back... well done stolly....Enjoyed leg4. Weather was great for my bit ;-)
    Cracking weather Janson, great cloud inversions on the way over!
    Well Done to Stolly winning the 4 Lakeland Passes two weeks after a BG
    Hills and Guinness!

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Cracking weather Janson, great cloud inversions on the way over!
    Well Done to Stolly winning the 4 Lakeland Passes two weeks after a BG
    The marshall at sty head was grumbling at us for getting there early and runners in general, and Stolly set off half an hour ahead of us, so I hate to think what he said to Stolly!

Hi once again,
    Well done Stolly - it was good to meet you (and the other team supporters) on Leg 1 and delighted to be a small part of the attempt with Roy and your well-earned sucess. Sorry it didn't go right for you Roy, you'd put a lot of hard miles in over the last year. Next time eh?
    Dave
    (Penrith)

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    The marshall at sty head was grumbling at us for getting there early and runners in general, and Stolly set off half an hour ahead of us, so I hate to think what he said to Stolly!
    Haha. There wasn't even a checkpoint set up at Honister for the 4 LLP when I got there. All the same a win is a win is a win

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Haha. There wasn't even a checkpoint set up at Honister for the 4 LLP when I got there. All the same a win is a win is a win
    A win on a LDWA event is bit of a misnomer really as they are considered non competitive therefore the only real competition is against yourself

Glad you completed the BGR Stolly.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    A win on a LDWA event is bit of a misnomer really as they are considered non competitive therefore the only real competition is against yourself

Glad you completed the BGR Stolly.
    A win when you start running just after the walkers and well before most of the runners is even more of a misnomer - all the same the pressure was on and I ran round for ever looking over my shoulder for some cheating b*****d of a runner that may have also set off early. Fortunately I hung in there and finished maybe 15 minutes before anyone else

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    A win when you start running just after the walkers and well before most of the runners is even more of a misnomer - all the same the pressure was on and I ran round for ever looking over my shoulder for some cheating b*****d of a runner that may have also set off early. Fortunately I hung in there and finished maybe 15 minutes before anyone else
    Too right looking over your shoulder and cheating b*st*rds of runners.

I once did autumn in lakeland as was, and had a bit of knee trouble coming down at the end, just pre last op, so although I was flying, I decided to leave out the bit at the head of the lake went straight past moot hall instead saving maybe 400m-600m max? Two guys - the leaders - came in from my left saying "where the h*ll did you come from?"

So I let them win: I trotted in behind not wanting to steal anyones thunder, only to discover in conversation later they had done an even bigger cheat than I had around castle crags. They had not gone down, round and up, saving the best part of a mile and climb of at least 500 feet.

You cannot trust fell runners on LDWA's!
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 30-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Master
    as far as I can see you can only cheat yourself on any non competitive event surely
    The older I get the Faster I was

I was joking, blimey o'reilly JohnK!