Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting back into it

Ok good luck with that! I've entered the Three Peaks but not sure I'll make the cut offs this time!

Made it round my first long race since 2014 this weekend. Made the Edale Skyline cut offs so does this mean I'm capable of making the Three Peaks cut offs?

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Made it round my first long race since 2014 this weekend. Made the Edale Skyline cut offs so does this mean I'm capable of making the Three Peaks cut offs?
    In my experience, no, but they are very different races. I think I overdid it to Ribble Head being too concerned about that cut-off (made it by about 20 mins) then blew up before the Hill Inn.

Perhaps the answer should therefore be yes but pace yourself accordingly.
    Last edited by bigfella; 17-03-2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: More positive answer
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Thanks for the info bigfella. My time was 4h47 at Edale. Any idea what sort of time I could expect at Three Peaks?

Thanks for the info bigfella. My time was 4h47 at Edale. Any idea what sort of time I could expect at Three Peaks?
    As I was a DNF I don't know but your Edale time was very similar to mine that year. My advice would be to pace it steadily to Ribblehead and take it from there. From memory, I think it was 2007, a friend of mine finished in around 5h, I'm told the last leg from the Hill Inn can be a real killer so make the cuts and then hang on in there.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Less than a week to go now till the Three Peaks and I am feeling good. Got my fastest time on Penyghent the other day since I started running again. Stopped smoking and taken up vaping. Still over 90kg but only just. Anyone else just getting back into running after time off?

Good luck Will. Must be hard after the break - you were getting quite good. I'm not in PPP this year as I'm still resting on my Fellsman laurels.

Good luck on Saturday Will. Looks like you're doing really well with the comeback by the looks of strava, so I reckon you'll beat the cut offs. Have a good run!

Less than a week to go now till the Three Peaks and I am feeling good. Got my fastest time on Penyghent the other day since I started running again. Stopped smoking and taken up vaping. Still over 90kg but only just. Anyone else just getting back into running after time off?
    Not yet Will but hopefully soon. You will remember me, we saw a bit of each other in the AL's in 2013/14. I got knocked off my bike breaking my nose/knee/thumb and having my nose sewn back on. Ive got to have the metal out 2 weeks monday so hopefully a month or so and i can start running again. Ive put on about 10kg and just started to get some fitness off road cycling.

Good Luck saturday and i hope to see you at a race soon.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Not yet Will but hopefully soon. You will remember me, we saw a bit of each other in the AL's in 2013/14. I got knocked off my bike breaking my nose/knee/thumb and having my nose sewn back on. Ive got to have the metal out 2 weeks monday so hopefully a month or so and i can start running again. Ive put on about 10kg and just started to get some fitness off road cycling.

Good Luck saturday and i hope to see you at a race soon.

Dan
    Thanks Dan yes I remember you! Sounds nasty, hope you get back running soon. I dropped out on Saturday but this has inspired me to train more and come back fitter for next year.