Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lakeland Classics Trophy 2010

Re: Lakeland Classics Trophy 2

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Maybe the future is for some of these long races to revert to EOD. Fair enough that may cause serious cash flow issues, but, if they can be overcome, then at least no forumites can whinge about entrants not turning up!
    I agree with that. I've never been one for doing lots of races per year but if more of the Lakes classics and other events were EOD I'd probably enter a few more. However I do have some sympathy for race organisers who have to deal with large numbers turning up for races which clearly can't handle the traffic, Borrowdale springs immediately to mind.
    Perhaps an either/or approach such as at Duddon might work better?
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    I agree with that. I've never been one for doing lots of races per year but if more of the Lakes classics and other events were EOD I'd probably enter a few more. However I do have some sympathy for race organisers who have to deal with large numbers turning up for races which clearly can't handle the traffic, Borrowdale springs immediately to mind.
    Perhaps an either/or approach such as at Duddon might work better?
    I like this idea and one way perhaps we could help would be by making the effort to car share more - I believe on the longer races the real pressure is sometimes on parking etc, rather than necessarily environmental. (Some organisers are doing a good job of encouraging this - Ian Hodgson parking arrangements for example).The other issue that might cause problems for this idea however is where ROs need to vet experience, but good clarification of what they wanted for that particular race might help prevent anyone turning up who was likely to be refused entry.

See that Ennerdale and Duddon are on consecutive weekends this year, hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    yes and my mrs has contrived to have us on holiday at Wasdale time so it's got to be Duddon and Ennerdale on consecutive weekends for me if I want in

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    Just get on with it they usually are

Just don't go out for 12 hours midweek between them like I did a couple of years ago
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Just get on with it they usually are

Just don't go out for 12 hours midweek between them like I did a couple of years ago
    seems a bit daft though bill when there's plenty of weekends through the summer with no Lakes ALs on at all ... There's only three superlongs, may as well spread em out, if you want more people to do them that is.

LakesRunner have put Great Lakes Run on the weekend after them too.

Anyhow, reccied Ennerdale yesterday - god it's a beast isn't it. A real step up from Duddon, which seemed a lot closer to Borrowdale in difficulty.

Ennerdale totally different cup of tea - much rougher terrain than either those two, some soul-sapping losses of altitude that then have to be regained, and soooo long. I was thinking as we saw the drop-off between Pillar and Scoat fell 'I'm not sure I will actually enter this race'.

And no water anywhere (not flowing water anyway), unless I was being more dozy than usual?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    These volunteer organisers really are inconsiderate.
    well yeah ok, was just expressing my disappointment that I won't be running in the GLR cos it looks a great race

sure there's reasoning behind fixtures, but sometimes to an outsider (i.e., doesn't live in Lakes and not involved in ROing) it can look a bit .... illogical.
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 05-04-2010 at 06:34 PM.

how do you enter this ? Am planning on doing ennerdale,wasdale and borrowdale.i hope there is still ennerdale places left gonna post it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by andygib1982 View Post
    how do you enter this ? Am planning on doing ennerdale,wasdale and borrowdale.i hope there is still ennerdale places left gonna post it this week.
    http://www.cfra.co.uk/preentry.pdf, Tis an English champs race 450 places entry opened 31st march so you will be okay i recon, entry closes 31st may. 9.00 quid entry paid to "CFRA".
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by andygib1982 View Post
    how do you enter this ?
    you mean the LCT? it's a points competition contested by entering the Lakeland Classics: so anyone who does 2 superlongs (Duddon, Ennerdale, Wasdale) and 1 long (Borrowdale, Three Shires, Langdale), will be classified in the points. You don't have to enter the LCT (I thought?), I think someone keeps an eye on it.

http://www.lakelandclassicstrophy.org.uk/
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 05-04-2010 at 06:58 PM.