Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Farage NEW PM

Banned
    Out of touch with the majority of people's votes and feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Why did he not use a queue of white people?
    I don't know, but I assume as it was in reference to Turkey. It was an awful poster, not relevant to any of what I posted.

But this is what the debate has sunk to.

Migration - racist, fascist, alt right.... if you attempt to discuss it.

Referendum - let's have another in a few years when a chunk of the 52% will have died.

Farage - let's put the fear of God in to them - a torrent of indignation comes down on him including calls for him to be banned from the BBC.

Lammy - compares ERG to Nazis - reaffirms it again today on Marr - the BBC.

Tusk - there's a special place in hell for brexiteers - not an eyelid is bat by the thought police.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Out of touch with the majority of people's votes and feelings.
    There’s a bit more going on in the country than this stupid ideological squabble. Think about:

The NHS
    Housing
    Food banks
    Crime / policing budgets
    Public transport
    Care for the elderly
    Child poverty

Then have a think about who’s (supposed to be) running the country and their input into the above. Think about how much money’s been wasting in (belatedly) planning for a no deal ‘Brexit’. How many millions wasted on a ferryless ferry deal. Wise up a bit. And do not think the likes of Trump is the answer

Banned
    Aye.
    Thought about it.
    You're in a bubble.😂🤣

I was stopped on my run tonight and asked if I’d torn down someone’s UKIP sign (I hadn’t) apparently a runner who goes the same way as I do had, the conversation was initially quite agressive (from their side) until the fella realised we’d worked together many moons ago, I did actually tell him that I didn’t like his massive banner but explained that I am the sort of person that thinks anyone has the right to do whatever they want within reason, it did set me thinking though, how ticked off I am with the state of the nation at present, this sort of thing has never happened before, it p*ssed me off good and proper, people need to refocus, we’re being wound up by a bunch of political tossers who only care about themselves, who to be quite honest I wouldn’t have a beer with if they were the last folk on earth
    Last edited by Daletownrunner; 14-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Master
    Where`s WOLFIE SMITH when you need him.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKsR_wUSfA

Come the REVOLUTION BRUVVERS & SISTERS
    Last edited by JohnK; 14-04-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    There’s a bit more going on in the country than this stupid ideological squabble. Think about:

The NHS
    Housing
    Food banks
    Crime / policing budgets
    Public transport
    Care for the elderly
    Child poverty

Then have a think about who’s (supposed to be) running the country and their input into the above. Think about how much money’s been wasting in (belatedly) planning for a no deal ‘Brexit’. How many millions wasted on a ferryless ferry deal. Wise up a bit. And do not think the likes of Trump is the answer
    Theresa May's a pragmatist. That is do whatever is practical to get a result even if it's not what you want. And the guiding principle is compromise even if those you are dealing with don't want to compromise. If you follow that to it's root you see why we're where we are with Brexit. No deal is better than a bad deal becomes it's my deal - a bad deal - or no deal to it's my deal or not leaving the European union at all. Followed by we're absolutely leaving on this day to now we're leaving next month to now we're leaving next year. That's the end line of pragmatism for you.

And I know the likes of Witton believe that David Davies and co would have done it differently but they wouldn't. Davies, Johnson, Rudd etc. are just not up to it. You can see in the way they talk, their facial expressions and their constant going back on what they've said that they don't have the strength to lead a country as volatile as ours. I'm not saying they're bad people just that their belief in pragmatism dooms them right from the start.

Boris Johnson was torn over whether he was a Remainer or Leaver before the referendum. What good is he going to be when the going get's tough and he realises that us leaving the EU could possibly lead to it's destruction. That's what it could mean and he won't have the strength to take us out.

The only one who has stood his ground is Farage. Compared to May, Corbyn and nearly every other prominent politician this guy is a giant. On his radio show he's constantly predicted what May would do. And whilst Rees Mogg, Davies and Johnson were backing Mrs May's deal Farage was saying it's better to have an extension than put up with her treaty.

And you snipers on the forum who call him a racist and a fascist and all the other pigs swill hatred to try and get people away from him won't succeed. And you won't because when this country continues to wind down people will look for someone who means it, a leader. They will have to decide whether to continue with this indecisive, rotten lot or support a real patriot.

Master
    Oh and at the first opportunity I'll be voting for him even though I don't always agree. I would never vote Conservative, Labour or Liberal. Those parties don't stand up for us they just sell us out.

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    I would never vote Conservative, Labour or Liberal. Those parties don't stand up for us they just sell us out.
    I agree with this entirely - I didn't use to.

I'm gobsmacked at Labour. Whilst I disagree with their policy solutions to issues on almost everything, I did genuinely think they had got their party back.
    When you see a party led by Corbyn assisted by McDonnell putting forward the position on Brexit they are, the only conclusion is that it is a sell-out for political reasons.

The LibDems will never have power, but they also have known for some time that the EU is a way to paid employment for some of their key people, that was until the 2014 EU elections anyway when they were almost wiped out.

As for the Tories, they are dominated by centrist SDP aligned mush. They are in the same boat now as Labour were in 15 years ago.

The most successful political party probably in the history of the world is at a crossroads. They will either survive or suffer a terminal decline.
    I reckon they've got around a month to decide which way they want to go.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Actually Tup only one policy ever actually matters:

Because any fool can find 100 useful ways to spend other peoples money in ever increasing quantities. It takes neither skill or compassion. You name but a few. We and you can all add more to your list.

The problem is hard choices with limited resources.

The trick is how to create more wealth to pay for more, which is to encourage entrepreneurs who are the start of every job and every new source of income. To make a bigger cake, not to slice it up differently which is largely inconsequential unless it actually demotivates entrepreneurs as Corbyn plans. He is definitely aiming at a smaller cake.

As a serial business creator, I would not start here again with legislation as it is now. It is already tooanti enterprise. Thats before corbyn smashes it to bits.

Sure there are disingenous and fools who claim you can spend more on everything, whilst simultaneously destroying the goose that lays the golden eggs that pays for it. There will always be some to promote that lunacy.
    The sad thing is seemingly intelligent people who vote for such baloney. The same fools who will spend today failing to recognise they are stealing from the next generation, as labour invariably does. They will leave it to others to clean up the mess. But the hole corbyn plans to dig is so deep we can never get out.

There is no politician that would not increase spending in the areas you name and a few more if it could be done within present resources.
    There are too many who pretend it is possible. And simply list what is wrong, whilst having no solutions. Young people are too easily bribed into voting for "more for me". Self entitlement is Corbyns mantra.That is not engaging in politicis. Engaging in politics is considering whether to spend more on somebody else.

Only one policy matters. How to make a bigger cake. The rest is easy.

Corbyn plans to reduce it day 1. 4 new bank holidays reducing GDP by at least a percent, so an instant recession. Having never done a useful days work in his life, Corbyn thinks everyone else can do nothing too.

In reality if he wants to spend more he should reduce the bank holidays (and actually enforce the state retirement age on public sector employees who seem largely immune from it)

I do agree brexit is too much of a distraction.
    It would not have been if they had just done it.

Having lit the blue touch paper, I shall retire immediately...to the nearest hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post

The NHS
    Housing
    Food banks
    Crime / policing budgets
    Public transport
    Care for the elderly
    Child poverty

Last edited by Oracle; 15-04-2019 at 01:12 PM.