Page 132 of 553 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    I don't think that Wenger's that bad generally but he's awful at spotting good defenders
    Sylvain Wiltord, Reyes, Baptista (albeit he was a loan signing) Francis Jeffers(aka 'the fox in the box'), Richard Wright, Luis Boa Morte, Giovanni Van Bronckhurst (who was good just never at Arsenal), Kaba Diawara, Christopher Wreh, Aliadiere and I haven't even started on the defenders. Anyone remember Stepanovs, Luzhny and Cygan?
    Last edited by biara; 29-03-2012 at 11:20 PM.

[/B]
    Jo : £18,000,000 (08/09)
    [/B]
    That's a cracker - I thnk Danbert should keep quiet - I need the looo £18 Million !!!!

Reyes was class... destroyed teams..<br><br>But he never quite did it enough.<br><br>Fergie has had a few flops, but not many. Veron was as much a teams failings as his, he was sometimes just too clever and we couldn't accommodate him and scholes.<br><br>Berbertov has scored 1 every 2 but didn't fit the United style well enough.<br><br>Most of the big signings worked well though.<br><br>United, like Liverpool do suffer with players not being able to cope with being here. Liverpool more so though. I think Adam, Bellamy, Carroll, have all suffered with that. <br><br>But I remember the ridculing for Ronaldo.. 12 million on a skinny kid who could just do step overs.. no replacement for Beckham..

Man City just in the last four years and not since the start of the Premier League like Danbert's were:
    The fact of it is - you've spent about £40m less on transfer fees in the duration of the prem (not adjusted for inflation) than us, and for about all of that time your wage bill has been astronomically higher than ours.

As i said - it's hypocritical in the extreme for you rags to suggest money doesn't buy success. It does, and has, in Trafford
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

You are ignoring recouped transfer fees...

oh and 12 premier league titles.. 2 European cups.. but who's counting..

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    As i said - it's hypocritical in the extreme for you rags to suggest money doesn't buy success. It does, and has, in Trafford
    Come on.. that's silly.. Chelsea have spent more than us and won less.. you need money for success.. you can't buy it..

If you could why haven't Chelsea won 6 titles in a row..

Look at Madrid? How much have they spent over the years.. A totally corrupt club who have spent millions and millions.. billions.. sustainably to be saved by the royal family every time...

Was it the last time the Royal family bought their training ground off them for the cost of their debt.. just by chance..?

But you are right.. we shouldm't attack City.. I think its great.. this is millions into Manchester.. the two top clubs in England..

I supported City when they went down because I wanted this.. any proper Manc would.. Manchester 1-2.. It makes being 1 sweeter but you want the huge games... the lows of the 6-1.. the highs of the 3-2.. that's soccer.. (I'm americanized..)
    Last edited by IainR; 30-03-2012 at 07:03 AM.

The fact of it is - you've spent about £40m less on transfer fees in the duration of the prem (not adjusted for inflation) than us, and for about all of that time your wage bill has been astronomically higher than ours.
    Your maths is awful then. We've spent £166m less than you.

Chelsea would have been a better example - we've spent £8.8m (net) per season since the start of the Premier League - hardly astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Sylvain Wiltord, Reyes, Baptista (albeit he was a loan signing) Francis Jeffers(aka 'the fox in the box'), Richard Wright, Luis Boa Morte, Giovanni Van Bronckhurst (who was good just never at Arsenal), Kaba Diawara, Christopher Wreh, Aliadiere and I haven't even started on the defenders. Anyone remember Stepanovs, Luzhny and Cygan?
    Cygan - an absolute chump of a player.

Your maths is awful then. We've spent £166m less than you.
    Sorry but I don't see it like that, show me the evidence. In the mean time on behalf of the Sheikh and all City fans, thanks everyone for panic buying petrol!:w00t:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Sorry but I don't see it like that, show me the evidence. In the mean time on behalf of the Sheikh and all City fans, thanks everyone for panic buying petrol!:w00t:
    It's quoted on the exact same source you got your figure from!! I've linked to it earlier in the thread but here it is again:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/