Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2019

Tour de France 2019

Watched the highlights of yesterdays stage won by Peter Sagan in his usual style.I think he is one of the best adverts for cycling and one of my favourites. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. One thing that amuses me about him is that when on the podium he always has a pair of Ski/Downhill Bike Goggles either around his neck or on top of his head. I wonder, apart from probably being paid a vast sum to do so, if there is any other reason for it.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Watched the highlights of yesterdays stage won by Peter Sagan in his usual style.I think he is one of the best adverts for cycling and one of my favourites. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. One thing that amuses me about him is that when on the podium he always has a pair of Ski/Downhill Bike Goggles either around his neck or on top of his head. I wonder, apart from probably being paid a vast sum to do so, if there is any other reason for it.
    The best sprinter of his generation, even perhaps of all time, I like his lone wolf approach and the fact that he can recover in a sprint from a seemingly losing position to take the win.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    The best sprinter of his generation, even perhaps of all time, I like his lone wolf approach and the fact that he can recover in a sprint from a seemingly losing position to take the win.
    Cav beats him hands down for pure sprinting. Number of stage wins is the proof.

Banned
    Don't miss the high lights.
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I agree. But Sagan is a fantastic rider and more of an all-rounder than Cav.

I agree as well, watch the highlights. Great stage today. That finish reminded me of some of the Vuelta finishes in Northern Spain.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Nah

Banned
    Obviously you display a limited knowledge of pure sprinting.

Obviously you display a limited knowledge of pure sprinting.
    I would imagine Stagger that my knowledge of Cycle racing is far greater than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    I would imagine Stagger that my knowledge of Cycle racing is far greater than yours.
    Have you ever raced?

Just watched todays highlights and yes it was a fantastic finish. Thanks all for not spoiling it for the highlights watchers.
    I think G answered some of his doubters in the best possible way today. Even Brian Smith was impressed, and he is a very wise man!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog