Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funniest thing you've seen...

I know it's been mentioned before on here but this one still gets me every time. Funny moment at about 7:30. Easily the most watched Esk Valley race video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qmIrj94cM
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

That's very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinny View Post
    I know it's been mentioned before on here but this one still gets me every time. Funny moment at about 7:30. Easily the most watched Esk Valley race video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qmIrj94cM
    Brilliant!

Hehe, that's the sort of thing I would do!!

Thankfully it wasn't off the edge of a cliff

I did similar at Breidden Hills a couple of years ago in very slippery conditions... just lost control and had to veer into the vegetation to regain some control!

Many years ago I was trying to set my my fastest time up Halls Fell Ridge, got to a point where I had to just walk, (hand on knee and blowing hard)as a family group were descending. One of them pipes up ''dressed like that you'd think he should be running''. I was livid and pushed as hard as I could, forgetting to stop my watch on the summit, made straight for the Doddick descent and took it like racing for my life. Absolutely brilliant! With trashed legs and lungs, I ran back along the bottom to see the family just coming off the last bit of Halls Fell....''at least he's jogging now'' came to my ears as I slipped through the kissing gate......crestfallen and speechless.....and no time recorded!
    A circular route mostly downhill

Doing Ilkley Moor Fell race this year. Out and back race to Dick Hudsons, turn around and back to Ilkley. I was in the back half of the field and expected the faster runners to pass us well before I had reached the turn around. Strangely we were quite near Dick Hudsons before we saw the leaders on the return. The front of the field had followed some random runner out for a run on his own and had nearly got to Burley in Wharfedale before they realised. They had to flog across trackless heather! Lots of swearing and unexpectedly good results for average runners.

Wandering to the start of Baildon Boundary Way a householder asked one of the runners if there was anything she could do to help him. Jokingly he replied " Yes, give me a bacon butty when I go past". So off we set and as we passed her house she threw the butty in a paper bag at the starting stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Probably Long Mynd Valleys. I can't remember what year but it was the old route and frozen solid. The descent from Barristers into Callow Hollow was basically a sheet of snow and ice. Lots of people at the top wondering how and if they were going to make it to the bottom and some hilarious attempts at getting down. I don't think anyone broke anything thankfully but there were some very unorthodox methods employed.
    One year on the LMV, someone came past me on that descent with his head by my feet and his feet by my head. I suspect this was on the same year you are referring to Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    forgetting to stop my watch on the summit,
    .....and no time recorded!
    You should have used Strava.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by PiesAreGood View Post
    One year on the LMV, someone came past me on that descent with his head by my feet and his feet by my head. I suspect this was on the same year you are referring to Pete.
    Yes - that sounds about right. I went down luge style!