Page 9 of 303 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Cumbria Police are telling people that travelling in a car to exercise away from home is not acceptable, surely better that we follow the guidance so that we can do limited things than being totally locked down and unable to do anything
    If they are doing that, it is the way they have chosen to interpret the guidance, it is not what the actual guidance says. As this article states, whether or not you can use your car in order to exercise is not mentioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52062209

The intention of the new rules is to minimise human interaction so why would you prohibit something, which is totally consistent with that aim? The rules should be a means to an end, not an end in themselves.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    We have been on almond milk for 2 year and its helped my cholesterol.

Today I have no reason to leave my home to will be stopping in all day.

Making stew for the freezer to limit shopping trips.
    Already made a 6 double portion curry, and 6 double portion linguine sauce.
    Ingredients all local from farm shops,
    So several weeks food in freezer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    If they are doing that, it is the way they have chosen to interpret the guidance, it is not what the actual guidance says. As this article states, whether or not you can use your car in order to exercise is not mentioned.

The intention of the new rules is to minimise human interaction so why would you prohibit something, which is totally consistent with that aim? The rules should be a means to an end, not an end in themselves.
    Not only that but it is far better to use more considered legal phraseology,

Like even if they did want journeys restricting this is far better: “ extra journeys or substantially extended journeys must not be made to exercise.”

Allows someone to run from work rather than home, or stop off on a shopping trip. Like most have to do in lakes,
    Far more clarity,

I eat rice like it's going out of fashion (usually the tilda individual packets)… one a day at home, two a day at work.

However have often been restricted to two packets per shop, which is two days worth for me. Therefore increasing times going out shopping, or necessitating trips to numerous supermarkets across a single trip.

Not sure what yo can do about it... other than blame the people who have blatantly took the p**s which has led to restrictions.

But people aren’t using their cars only to travel to exercise they’re pretending to do that as they think that they have more rights than everyone else they are then meeting friends, having picnics etc etc thereby making it impossible to Police, it is utterly selfish at the present time, people need to stop doing it otherwise none of us will be able to do anything, no amount of ‘oh it’s only guidance’ doesn’t cut it, surprising how many older people who really should be doing the bare minimum at present are out and about with rucksacks clearly with picnics in, they’re the issue, I live on a new build site with lots of young families with young kids, they’re all following the rules if they ca why can’t the older generation, do they think that they’re owed something? It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I eat rice like it's going out of fashion (usually the tilda individual packets)… one a day at home, two a day at work.

However have often been restricted to two packets per shop, which is two days worth for me. Therefore increasing times going out shopping, or necessitating trips to numerous supermarkets across a single trip.

Not sure what yo can do about it... other than blame the people who have blatantly took the p**s which has led to restrictions.
    It is the fault of the bleeding idiots who stripped the shelves

But people aren’t using their cars only to travel to exercise they’re pretending to do that as they think that they have more rights than everyone else they are then meeting friends, having picnics etc etc
    But that's a different issue, these people are quite clearly flouting the rules. It's not a reason to penalise people who aren't.

surprising how many older people who really should be doing the bare minimum at present are out and about with rucksacks clearly with picnics in, they’re the issue, I live on a new build site with lots of young families with young kids, they’re all following the rules if they ca why can’t the older generation, do they think that they’re owed something? It stinks.
    It's a tricky one for old people I think. They are putting themselves at more risk if they go out (and could be putting more pressure on the NHS) but many probably feel they will go mad if they stay in the house for twelve weeks. How would you like it? Perhaps you could not go for a run for the next twelve weeks as a show of solidarity.

The other issue is shopping. What do you do if you have nobody to deliver it for you? It's impossible to get a home delivery right now.

But that's a different issue, these people are quite clearly flouting the rules. It's not a reason to penalise people who aren't.

It's a tricky one for old people I think. They are putting themselves at more risk if they go out (and could be putting more pressure on the NHS) but many probably feel they will go mad if they stay in the house for twelve weeks. How would you like it? Perhaps you could not go for a run for the next twelve weeks as a show of solidarity.

The other issue is shopping. What do you do if you have nobody to deliver it for you? It's impossible to get a home delivery right now.
    Better mad than dead, and no I’m not going to not go for a run as I’m going for a run, from home, not stopping to eat a picnic, feed the ducks, sunbath, ride an inflatable pink flamingo in a canal(in my local paper today!!)etc etc, touching nothing and coming home, I could bend the rules and do what I liked, nobody would know but I don’t, I have a job which has been classed as essential during the current crisis and so have to go to work, my job is very rules based and so this is probably why I find it easy to follow rules and guidelines, I need to make sure that I’m fit to carry out that job as we’re a small team with an essential role. If people have nobody to shop for them then they need to go to the supermarket during the early allotted times, do their shopping and go home, simple.

Better mad than dead, and no I’m not going to not go for a run as I’m going for a run, from home, not stopping to eat a picnic, feed the ducks, sunbath, ride an inflatable pink flamingo in a canal(in my local paper today!!)etc etc, touching nothing and coming home, I could bend the rules and do what I liked, nobody would know but I don’t, I have a job which has been classed as essential during the current crisis and so have to go to work, my job is very rules based and so this is probably why I find it easy to follow rules and guidelines, I need to make sure that I’m fit to carry out that job as we’re a small team with an essential role. If people have nobody to shop for them then they need to go to the supermarket during the early allotted times, do their shopping and go home, simple.
    You still pose a risk to other people and yourself if you go for a run, however small. It will be impossible to avoid being within two metres of people at all times, especially if you're running in the streets. Let's be honest you don't absolutely need to run in the next twelve weeks - you wouldn't if you were injured. I imagine you're a fit and healthy person at the moment so if you didn't run, i'm guessing you wouldn't suddenly be unable to do your job.

I'm not particularly disagreeing with you with regard to older people, their self isolation is a necessary evil. I'm just saying that things are a little more nuanced and I can understand the way some older people feel.

You still pose a risk to other people and yourself if you go for a run, however small. It will be impossible to avoid being within two metres of people at all times, especially if you're running in the streets. Let's be honest you don't absolutely need to run in the next twelve weeks - you wouldn't if you were injured. I imagine you're a fit and healthy person at the moment so if you didn't run, i'm guessing you wouldn't suddenly be unable to do your job.

I'm not particularly disagreeing with you with regard to older people, their self isolation is a necessary evil. I'm just saying that things are a little more nuanced and I can understand the way some older people feel.
    At all times I’m more that two metres from others, I either cross the road, run on the other side of the road or failing that stop and wait until we can be greater than two metres apart, I’ve also taken to running early morning to avoid other people.