Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ive to cut the red meat.

Ive to cut the red meat.

To cut a long story short, ive got a bit of a problem with my stomach - something to do with the acid in my stomach hammering me.

Ive been on these tablets to try and calm it but the doc (who really knew his stuff - AND, is a fell runner!!!) told me that all i can do to help is to experiment with a few things and see if it helps.

One big'y was to cut out red meat.
    Now, im a big red meat eater and unless its chicken or fish i'll be eating red meat for my tea. I cant just stop...i love it.

So other than eating chicken and fish....what else can i eat for my tea?

I know there are a few veggie's on here so the advise should be endless....P.S...i dont like lentils!

Thankyou very much,

Yours,
    Al Fowler.

Re: Ive to cut the red meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Now, im a big red meat eater and unless its chicken or fish i'll be eating red meat for my tea.
    You could try cooking the meat before you eat it
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    You could try cooking the meat before you eat it
    By the sounds of it killing it might be a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    By the sounds of it killing it might be a start!
    Al may even have to catch it first...which brings us back to his fell running skills.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

oh dear Al, you set yourself up for that one!!

what are you wanting to know? what's a red meat substitute or are you thinking if you cut out red meat but still eat white and fish (and of course veg) you are missing out on some vital nutrients etc or are you just wanting ideas to tell your mum what to cook you?!

Banned

Al
    I also use to have a problem digesting meat, even though I loved it especially bacon butties n would always say if I was on death row my last meal would be sausage n mash.
    I've never been a big fan of veg or salad, tomatoes was about as veggie as I got.
    So since Jan 1st this year I have given up eating any meat & fish.
    Now I can honestly say it hasn't been that difficult n I really ain't missed the meat. Tonight I had jacket potatoe n veg chillie which is similar to Wilfs recipe.
    I would say the hardest time is if your on the motorway n fancy something to eat, I end up buying M&S cheddar ploughman sandwich.

Not content with giving up the flesh I have also stopped since Jan 1st eating CHOCOLATE. Now I use to eat at least 3or 4 bars a day.
    The good news is I have lost a stone in weight, I sleep better, run like the wind and produce enough methane that if harvested would help produce enough power to light up a small village

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    To cut a long story short, ive got a bit of a problem with my stomach - something to do with the acid in my stomach hammering me.

Ive been on these tablets to try and calm it but the doc (who really knew his stuff - AND, is a fell runner!!!) told me that all i can do to help is to experiment with a few things and see if it helps.

Now, im a big red meat eater and unless its chicken or fish i'll be eating red meat for my tea. I cant just stop...i love it.

So other than eating chicken and fish....what else can i eat for my tea?

I know there are a few veggie's on here so the advise should be endless....P.S...i dont like lentils!

Thankyou very much,

Yours,
    Al Fowler.
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 05-02-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Don't listen to II, Chocolate is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    oh dear Al, you set yourself up for that one!!

what are you wanting to know? what's a red meat substitute or are you thinking if you cut out red meat but still eat white and fish (and of course veg) you are missing out on some vital nutrients etc.... or are you just wanting ideas to tell your mum what to cook you?!
    Im not really sure.

Just fired in the thread and see what was posted. Once the classroom idiots have had their fun that is

Theres no way im going veggie, but obviously im going to have to cut right back and only eat it rarely. It would make live easier (and not need this thread) if i just eat chicken and fish.

I just wondered if anyone had any "Oh i havent eaten meat for x amount of years now....but what i mainly consist of is blah de blah de dar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Al
    I also use to have a problem digesting meat, even though I loved it especially bacon butties n would always say if I was on death row my last meal would be sausage n mash.
    I've never been a big fan of veg or salad, tomatoes was about as veggie as I got.
    So since Jan 1st this year I have given up eating any meat & fish.
    Now I can honestly say it hasn't been that difficult n I really ain't missed the meat. Tonight I had jacket potatoe n veg chillie which is similar to Wilfs recipe.
    I would say the hardest time is if your on the motorway n fancy something to eat, I end up buying M&S cheddar ploughman sandwich.

Not content with giving up the flesh I have also stopped since Jan 1st eating CHOCOLATE. Now I use to eat at least 3or 4 bars a day.
    The good news is I have lost a stone in weight, I sleep better, run like the wind and produce enough methane that if harvested would help produce enough power to light up a small village.
    Well im reading Ranny Fienes "Fit for life" and if i start to eat like he suggests....i'll either be kicking jebbys ass this year or an obsessive freak!

I know what you mean about the salad thing. I like veg but find salads abit faffy really....i cant stand having just plain pasta and some salad...maybe a bit of chicken?

Super Moderator

Al, 'classroom idiots' made me smile!

I gave up meat for around 6years while living with a vegetarian woman. I didn't eat meat at all and fish perhaps twice a month. I felt strong and healthy on that diet and it seemed to suit me well. What red meat do you eat and how often? If I eat steak or big chunks of stewing meat I often find they lay a bit heavy on my stomach. I'd not eat something like that the night before a long run or important race Let me have a think about what we used to eat and I'll perhaps pm you.

If you think it'd help I don't mind popping over to sample one of your mum's Sunday roasts, in the name of research, obviously

I've been a vegetarian for 27 years and my running hasn't suffered, it is the cider that slowed me down. You can't beat a mushroom and rocquefort cheese pie.

Gary Devine