Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof jacket

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Or Kaitlyn, or Scottish Leanne, or Scottish Marion, or Scottish Jaiya, or whatever else you’re called, weird
    Applying Occam's Razor to the observation of nearly identical, but slightly varying, posts on multiple and diverse forums, we may come to a conclusion that is not sinister, but maybe rather sad: there is a genuine person who is weighed down with responsibility for a young sister/daughter, feeling rather lonely, and writing these posts to try and make conversation. The variations between the posts are to protect the identity of the young lady.

So ease up, lads!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Graham, that's not fair, slubberdegullion isn't even in my dictionary.......but it sounds perfectly reasonable!
    Slubberdegullion is a treacherous bog on the slopes of Slieve Gullion.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Using Derby’s Bic it’s someone we know, having a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Applying Occam's Razor to the observation of nearly identical, but slightly varying, posts on multiple and diverse forums, we may come to a conclusion that is not sinister, but maybe rather sad: there is a genuine person who is weighed down with responsibility for a young sister/daughter, feeling rather lonely, and writing these posts to try and make conversation. The variations between the posts are to protect the identity of the young lady.

So ease up, lads!

He/she is all a bit weird really, turned up on UKC/UKH forum a couple weeks ago and posted for suitable waterproof jacket for their child, lots of helpful advice came. Then started two posts called Dealing with tantrums and Kids and unpleasant weather, lots more advice on dealing with kids tantrums but it started to get a bit weird.
    Next thing they disappear from there and turn up asking the same thing here. I felt they were either a total time waster or a troll. Hence my reaction.
    I still have no idea what is going on or who they are, despite their denial they are one and the same. Oh well, I expect they are somewhere else by now, not returned to UKH.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    He/she is all a bit weird really, turned up on UKC/UKH forum a couple weeks ago and posted for suitable waterproof jacket for their child, lots of helpful advice came. Then started two posts called Dealing with tantrums and Kids and unpleasant weather, lots more advice on dealing with kids tantrums but it started to get a bit weird.
    Next thing they disappear from there and turn up asking the same thing here. I felt they were either a total time waster or a troll. Hence my reaction.
    I still have no idea what is going on or who they are, despite their denial they are one and the same. Oh well, I expect they are somewhere else by now, not returned to UKH.
    I’m with you Molehill, very very weird, my worry was that it’s a way for weirdos to meet like minded weirdos and feel that some of the phrasing/ subject matter is weirdo code, perhaps I’m too suspicious but why would someone trawl different forums with the same rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Using Derby’s Bic it’s someone we know, having a laugh
    As you mentioned Bic’s DT lets turn this thread into something useful, I’m a born again Safety Razor user myself, gone are all the plastic contraptions I did use, now on a Wilkinson Sword with Gillette blades, like CD’s and vinyl, the disposable razor was a step in the wrong direction

Proper razor with double edged blades, shaving brush and a pot of shaving cream. Cheapest and best (especially if you are retired and can't be arsed to shave every day). Those plastic disposable ones are a rip off aimed at people who don't know better and as for aerosols of shaving cream.......aarrgh.

Anyone brave enough to use an original cut throat razor?

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    As you mentioned Bic’s DT lets turn this thread into something useful, I’m a born again Safety Razor user myself, gone are all the plastic contraptions I did use, now on a Wilkinson Sword with Gillette blades, like CD’s and vinyl, the disposable razor was a step in the wrong direction
    Have you also binned the BIC biro's and gone back to a fountain pen or even a quill and inkwell?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Proper razor with double edged blades, shaving brush and a pot of shaving cream. Cheapest and best (especially if you are retired and can't be arsed to shave every day). Those plastic disposable ones are a rip off aimed at people who don't know better and as for aerosols of shaving cream.......aarrgh.

As a child it used to fascinate me how Blair the Barber could sharpen a cut throat razor on a leather strap.
    In fact it still does!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I have a beard, so I do the unbeardy bits with a safety razor, when I go to the barbers for a tidy he uses the cut throat, he reckons it’s not worth taking the chance on yourself, too hard unless you’re ambidextrous