Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronda Dels Cims

Quote Originally Posted by markdalton99 View Post
    entries open on Tuesday 17th November

http://www.andorraultratrail.com/ind...d=2777&lang=en
    Entered Mitic, just need to sort my medical form. £95 to get it signed off by GP!

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    Entered Mitic, just need to sort my medical form. £95 to get it signed off by GP!
    Docs app on Thu morn for me, hopefully it will be a free sign off. Last two utmb med forms were done this way......fingers crossed...

Docs app on Thu morn for me, hopefully it will be a free sign off. Last two utmb med forms were done this way......fingers crossed...
    In and out of the docs in 10mins after blood pressure check and a listen to heart etc etc. Signed off for free too yippee!

Hi mark

Hope the training is going well.

Do you have any idea about drop bags. There is mention of runners bags. What I'm not sure of do they give you a bag or is it any bag? Are there size restrictions and do you get it back? Can't get a reply from the organisers.

All the best

I can't answer luxunterior's question about drop-bags but I can point you in the direction of a split calculator which Nick Smith at climbers.net did for me which could be useful. There's not much info on this race (I'm talking about Ronda, not any of the other races that are part of the weekend) so I wanted something to work my pace off, this uses data from 2015 splits: https://t.co/joy5sl16tQ
    Looking forward to it, it's not far off now! No doubt I'll see some of you there, I'm Chris Webb from Saddleworth.

Quote Originally Posted by galbraith View Post
    I can't answer luxunterior's question about drop-bags but I can point you in the direction of a split calculator which Nick Smith at climbers.net did for me which could be useful. There's not much info on this race (I'm talking about Ronda, not any of the other races that are part of the weekend) so I wanted something to work my pace off, this uses data from 2015 splits: https://t.co/joy5sl16tQ
    Looking forward to it, it's not far off now! No doubt I'll see some of you there, I'm Chris Webb from Saddleworth.

Got a reply re the drop bags - "When you will come for your race bib, we will give to you a coloured bag according to the number of aid stations of your race (2 for the Ronda dels cims and Mític, 1 for the Celestrail). You can fill it with everything you may need; clothes, food etc… except running poles. Then you just have to let it into a van, and we will take it for you to the aid station. When you arrive to the aid station you will be able to change your clothes or whatever you’ll need. You will find your bags at the end of your race"

I'm looking forward to it as well now. Anyone else camping?

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    Got a reply re the drop bags - "When you will come for your race bib, we will give to you a coloured bag according to the number of aid stations of your race (2 for the Ronda dels cims and Mític, 1 for the Celestrail). You can fill it with everything you may need; clothes, food etc… except running poles. Then you just have to let it into a van, and we will take it for you to the aid station. When you arrive to the aid station you will be able to change your clothes or whatever you’ll need. You will find your bags at the end of your race"

I'm looking forward to it as well now. Anyone else camping?
    Thanks for the info 're drop bags, all sounds good. I fly out on Monday and have the bonus of the tour de France going thru andorra on the Tuesday...that'll be good to see. It's also in andorra on the preceding sunday too with Monday being a rest day.

Looking forward to race day too - Friday 7am. Think I'm ready to go.....

Thanks for the info 're drop bags, all sounds good. I fly out on Monday and have the bonus of the tour de France going thru andorra on the Tuesday...that'll be good to see. It's also in andorra on the preceding sunday too with Monday being a rest day.

Looking forward to race day too - Friday 7am. Think I'm ready to go.....
    Hope everyone did OK?

I really enjoyed Mitic - toughest thing I have done so really incredible experience

Just after I finished I rang my wife and made her promise to not let me enter the 100 miler - I'm currently thinking I may have been a bit hasty! I mean how hard can that extra 35 miles and 3000 meters of climbing really be!!!

Hi

I have a place for 2018 and plan to head out 10 days before the race to get used to the place. Does anyone know anything about sleeping strategies, I guess it depends on how long I expect to be out there, thinking about the value of getting a couple of hours kip to avoid 2 straight 24 hour periods.

Steve