Page 322 of 357 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Haha I had no idea what a melt was so googled it - apparently its a derogatory term used 'between males' on Love Island

Need I say more

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Haha I had no idea what a melt was so googled it - apparently its a derogatory term used 'between males' on Love Island
    Now what was I saying about erudition? I would never have known.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post

Need I say more
    Certainly a derogatory term but one that has been around long before love island, which, by the way, I have never seen.

Edit. I heard the term being used by some young lads I know years ago but stand to be corrected as I was unaware that love island has been around since 2005!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 10-11-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

melt.... i've also never watched Love Island... probably in the past it was similar to "wuss" or "pansy".

i expect now it is similar to everybody's favourite word of the era... "snowflake" (although i would term snowflake as more related to a mental/political/etc context, where melt could relate to any type of physical/emotional/mental context...)

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    melt.... i've also never watched Love Island... probably in the past it was similar to "wuss" or "pansy".

i expect now it is similar to everybody's favourite word of the era... "snowflake" (although i would term snowflake as more related to a mental/political/etc context, where melt could relate to any type of physical/emotional/mental context...)
    I think it means a ****ing idiot.

Plenty who qualify

Getting back on thread, I think everyone is getting a little carried away with the roll out of the Coronavirus vaccine, especially in terms of when it will be available.

I'm still waiting for my flu jab. Being under 65 I have to pay for it, which I do at my local Lloyds chemist every year for £16.
    This year I have been told, virtually every week since the start of September, by my GP surgery, Lloyds and Boots that there is none available yet for under 65's and to try again next week.

Have the authorities forgotten that thousands die of Flu every year!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Getting back on thread, I think everyone is getting a little carried away with the roll out of the Coronavirus vaccine, especially in terms of when it will be available.

I'm still waiting for my flu jab. Being under 65 I have to pay for it, which I do at my local Lloyds chemist every year for £16.
    This year I have been told, virtually every week since the start of September, by my GP surgery, Lloyds and Boots that there is none available yet for under 65's and to try again next week.

I'm 55 and have been getting messages online to advise me to book my flu jab. I assumed I'd hit the age to trigger it.
    It seems not.

I can't recall ever having had flu. Maybe I did when a child but I can't recall it. If I've had it, it's manifested more like a cold with me.
    My wife had it last when she was 21, 35 years ago nearly. It floored her for around two weeks.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

I'm 63 and qualify for a flu jab through getting pericarditis in 2015, and suffering with and all sorts of side effects for quite a while afterwards (heart palpitations, muscle spasms and all sorts). I finally got my flu jab last week. That said due to covid and lockdown etc, flu cases are down massively this year

An educational thread today, I've learnt new words I never even knew existed. But being officially old I won't remember them.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm 55 and have been getting messages online to advise me to book my flu jab. I assumed I'd hit the age to trigger it.
    It seems not.

I can't recall ever having had flu. Maybe I did when a child but I can't recall it. If I've had it, it's manifested more like a cold with me.
    My wife had it last when she was 21, 35 years ago nearly. It floored her for around two weeks.
    I have had flu once in the mid eighties. I was as fit as a fiddle then and it hit me for six, and like your wife WP, was floored for 2 weeks.

I think it was called Red Flu on that occasion. Wouldn't wish it on anyone which is why I am keen to get a jab every year.