Page 202 of 553 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Turn up anyway, you might get a game - but make sure you get registered before noon!
    Harsh, but fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Manchester derby? A lot of fuss about nothing methinks! Now tomorrow night's match - that's worth getting excited about! Just don't turn up if you haven't got a ticket...!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20633812

Come on you Bantams!!
    Hope it's a good game!! I know KCAC juniors will finish bang on 7.30, so I can hopefully see the (once) mighty Arsenal (hopefully) win!!

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Hope it's a good game!! I know KCAC juniors will finish bang on 7.30, so I can hopefully see the (once) mighty Arsenal (hopefully) win!!
    Surprisingly enough, the Holmfirth Bantams only have one member, so no conflict there!

biara - you must be of a similar age to me & chose Arsenal over L**** in the early 70's, so some slight redemption there!

Surprisingly enough, the Holmfirth Bantams only have one member, so no conflict there!

biara - you must be of a similar age to me & chose Arsenal over L**** in the early 70's, so some slight redemption there!
    Was a kid in Kent when I chose my footie team, almost supported Liverpool, think I liked Arsenal as they were London and close (well 50miles up the road). Technically my nearest team was Gillingham and I had never heard of them. First year they won FA cup, then next year was hell as lost to West Ham in final, lost on penalties in Cup Winers Cup final, then needed point in last game at Middlesborough and lost 5-0.

Very proud though as taking 10year old to first Arsenal game on 22nd at Wigan!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    what rubbish..

I doubt you are a real football fan when you spout such nonsense.
    He's not a real fell runner either. He needs a compass and full body cover to get round a Park Run

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Was a kid in Kent when I chose my footie team, almost supported Liverpool, think I liked Arsenal as they were London and close (well 50miles up the road). Technically my nearest team was Gillingham and I had never heard of them. First year they won FA cup, then next year was hell as lost to West Ham in final, lost on penalties in Cup Winers Cup final, then needed point in last game at Middlesborough and lost 5-0.

Very proud though as taking 10year old to first Arsenal game on 22nd at Wigan!!!!!!!
    Mmm - wasn't born when we won the FA Cup (1911 in case you don't believe me), so no such problems there!

Hope he enjoys going to Wigan as much as we did last month!

See you on a hill sometime - The Stoop or Auld Lang Syne?

Mmm - wasn't born when we won the FA Cup (1911 in case you don't believe me), so no such problems there!

Hope she enjoys going to Wigan as much as we did last month!

See you on a hill sometime - The Stoop or Auld Lang Syne?
    Will be at Auld Lang Syne, probably marshalling but def watching. Not at Stoop, down at Loughborough on UKA coaching course!!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    what rubbish..

I doubt you are a real football fan when you spout such nonsense.

If you are you'd know you don't pick your fan

If in 20 years time City have dominated football.. should your kids be abused for being easy fans..

What an incredibly ingnorant comment.. United have been down, only one league, but we've also been through Munich.. I think that's worse than 2-3 years in the lower leagues...

Football didn't start in 1992 you know..

Danbert come on, you really need to knock that chip off your shoulder.

I was born a United fan, in manchester, no choice.. we lived all over as kids, supported united as there was no choice.. Liverpool were dominant, even in shefffield, wednesday were arguably the better team... yet you get given your club, ay I've been lucky to have 20 years of United's success, but there's no chance in the world I'd have ever chosen another club..

Just because you've been through a relatively tough period, no tougher than 90% of the rest of the football league, you can spout disrespectful nonsense.. come on that's not what football is about..

And remember why 93 was so big because we had 26 years of no league win.. so we also had our dry period, liverpool are having it now.. Now city may well dominate for 20 years.. just live it, football goes in cycles.
    Good post.

What about Mancini blaming Hart instead of Nasri for losing?

They don't need Balotelli to cause dressing-room ructions, their manager does it :w00t:
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

Manchester derby? A lot of fuss about nothing methinks! Now tomorrow night's match - that's worth getting excited about! Just don't turn up if you haven't got a ticket...!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20633812

Come on you Bantams!!
    I've just heard that the Bantams have had 15 managers in 12 years.

Peter Swales would have been proud of that record.

Hope they pull out a shock for you tonight Hobbsy:wink:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    I've just heard that the Bantams have had 15 managers in 12 years.

Peter Swales would have been proud of that record.

Hope they pull out a shock for you tonight Hobbsy:wink:
    Ah, the incomparable Peter Swales!! No-one could touch him, although young Roman is trying his hardest it seems!

Yes, sadly none of them have been able to arrest our hasty descent from top to bottom in just under a decade - the chap re-arranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic was more gainfully employed...!!

We always travel in hope & Arsene's never won at VP!