Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Super Moderator

The class of 2015

The class of 2014 was a great idea I thought. Good luck to everyone having a go next year! Many folk will tell you they have very fond memories of their BG year(s)

Some useful links: Blogs - here plus here Bob Whiteman's website - here
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Five supports so far this year though I cancelled my own attempt, I'll be out to put that right in 2015.

I plan to start recceing this year so I'll follow the thread with interest. If people are out to recce and want company please let me know.

Not sure I have the credentials for this place....delusions of grandeur perhaps... but going to start training soon and see where I end up...so I'll be hanging around here. Cheers DT
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

For my sins I am throwing my hat in the ring for next year as well

Having 'clockwised' (finally) last year, my latest hair brained (and only this second thought up) scheme is for a crack at a solo anti-clockwise attempt. To do it solo would be fantastic, particularly anti-clockwise which has thus far proved to be a right bastard of a way round to go.

Also I could feasibly just pop over to the Lakes and do it when ever I like - so its a Friday evening, the weather's not looking too bad and, on a whim, I can suddenly mention to Hester "I know, I'll do a solo BG tonight"

That said it might be better, and slightly more prudent, if I can also enlist Hester to be soup lady at one or two of the road stops!

As to whether I could still fit that in this year or wait till next, I'm not sure. Winter is coming...

I also have delusions of grandeur and would like to get some good recces in over the next 6 months, and then make a call whether to be class of 2015 or 2016. So I'll be keeping an eye out for some nice long days out, and might even instigate a few of my own!

Really looking forward to it

I have penciled in a round for June next year. Did Leg 3 of the Billy Bland relay this year and off to recce leg 1 & 2 together next week, the 555 bus is useful for this! Then just need a full recce of 4 & 5 although I know parts of that section.

That and finalise the support crew!

Super Moderator
    The BG section of this forum has loads of info and discussion. Some useful threads - 10,000ft per week plus learning BG sections and support tips and finally a good general BG discussion thread
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Neither of them post here (well, one does infrequently), but I know a couple of gals who will be giving it a go in 2015 ..... probably

Clue: I'm married to one of them
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners