Page 192 of 304 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3033

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Mike T, you are impressive.

Master
    12.08 miles, 3,281 feet, 3 hours 52 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Bog Lane to Skelwith Fold and back - Loughrigg trails. Sunshine and clouds, and a few brief light rain showers. Cloud base at about 2,500 feet; the snow line is up to about 2,000 feet. A moderate wind from the west. Terrain saturated and slippery, icy in places above 1,000 feet. Not many walkers on the fell today - both times I was at Loughrigg top I was on my own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    Mike T, you are impressive.
    Thank you Gambatte. Slow, mind.

Master
    9.99 miles, 3,577 feet, 3 hours 38 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including Wansfell true top, and down/up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Intermittent light rain, and a moderate wind from the west. Terrain saturated and slippery, and frozen in places above 1,000 feet. Quite a few walkers on the fell.

Master
    ..... and rest.

I had a fall - I cannot remember the details, as I was mildly concussed - about a quarter of a mile from home yesterday - so on tarmac. Whether it was a trip or a slip I do not know, and I am not even sure exactly where it happened, though my Garmin does show a sudden reduction in speed on a nearby bend.

It had to end sometime.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    ..... and rest.

I had a fall - I cannot remember the details, as I was mildly concussed - about a quarter of a mile from home yesterday - so on tarmac. Whether it was a trip or a slip I do not know, and I am not even sure exactly where it happened, though my Garmin does show a sudden reduction in speed on a nearby bend.

It had to end sometime.
    Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a classic example of where you concentrate for several hours over difficult terrain, and then relax when back on the easy stuff . . . . Anyway, I hope you manage to get yourself back on the fells before too long.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    6.58 miles, 1,652 feet, 2 hours 40 minutes: Loughrigg trails - a walk with my partner. Lovely sunshine, no wind, high clouds catching the highest fells. Terrain wet and slippery in places. Quite a few other walkers about.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a classic example of where you concentrate for several hours over difficult terrain, and then relax when back on the easy stuff . . . . Anyway, I hope you manage to get yourself back on the fells before too long.
    Thanks Anthony. I went to look at the scene of the "crime" today. Nothing I could have tripped on. Was there a patch of oil on a driveway? Did the little hooks - now removed - on the bottom of my OMM trousers catch a lace on my other foot? The foot path is certainly narrow, with some nasty sharp rock edges on the adjacent walls. I will not run along there again.

Master
    5.59 miles, 1,739 feet, 2 hours 30 minutes: Wansfell Pike - a walk with my partner. Lovely sunshine, a few cloud banks catching the higher tops, a cool wind from the south, quite strong at the top of the Pike. Terrain dry in places, wet/saturated in others, a bit slippery at times. Quite a few walkers on the fell.

I developed some flashes/floaters in my vision - our lovely local optician tells me I have had a small bleed at the back of my eye from the fall. No running for 2 weeks. Bugger.

I did slowly trundle round 20 miles and 2600ft yesterday, the calf problem is pretty bad today though - something I have to live with and just go out on enjoyable sunny days and accept the consequences.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.