Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke...

Re: Diet Coke...

F.F.S!
    Stuff like this makes me come over all 'Daily Mail'

"Darren – of Keston Crescent, Brinnington - says his huge intake of Diet Coke hasn't caused him any medical or dental problems." presumably he's such a fat knacker becuase of the 12 Big Macs, 5 portions of fish & chips, 8 bags of crisps, 3 pasties and a cream bun he scoffs at lunch. or maybe he's just big boned with a slow metabolism.

grrrrrr
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Some bloke in the MEN drinks 18 cans of diet coke a day (42 litres a week apparently). The link to the article is below but here's a pic of the guy:

Attachment 5382

What the hell would he be like if it was the proper coca-cola stuff!?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...y-day#comments
    Rooney has really let himself go....

With that amount of Aspartame consumed every week I'm surprised he's ever off the toilet to be honest...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Red Bull isn't the big problem!! Tescos sell a drink called LV in litre bottles for a stupidly low price. This is basically the same idea as Red Bull BUT if you read the diet figures on the side, a 250ml serving has 27% of the recomended calories for the day plus lots of caffeine stimulant, pupils at my place used to often drink more than 1 bottle in a day (some would have a bottle for breakfast). Imagine the scenes that it helped create!!

Master

Fully agree with your sentiments Margarine but I don't think you'll get anywhere ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Fully agree with your sentiments Margarine but I don't think you'll get anywhere ....
    on a similar theme I remember some one I met telling(or did I read it?) about a head master in Glasgow was appauled by the amount of Coke/Fanta/Irnbrew etc that the tuch shop sold and how little water and fresh juices they sold. He tried a health drive in the school to no avail with virtually no change in the sales so he got smart and told the tuck shop staff to leave the Coke etc in the sun and put all the water/juices in the fridges. with in 3 months sales of ckoeetc had dropped by 90% but cold water etc sales had soared. may be abit of lateral thinking is needed.

I'm always annoyed by the price of shreddies(or other cereals) in comparrison to their frostied equivalant which is always cheaper.

ckoeetc? sounds like some serious shit man.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Some sort of weird red indian narcotic, a brave man who experiments with that stuff!
    Hills and Guinness!

I err...errr.. I mean Marg was talking about this to some colleagues and one pointed out that many of these kids have no breakfast provided at home, of course I am well aware of that, this isn't the leafy suburbs and many of our kids have a hard time of it in lots of ways but I don't think that this should be seen as a market opportunity by Tesco's or then again what is to stop them promoting healthy breakfast foods and healthy lifestyles - maybe opening their cafes up in the morning with school specials like juice and smoothies, there are lots of healthy choices and if Tesco publicised and promoted those choices kids would make them, that's what Tesco is good at. After all - Tesco decide what you eat, don't they? or at least most of you (us). Why can't they put something good back into the communites instead of ripping them to pieces? Anyway, my honest response to my colleague was that I would rather my kids went to school with no breakfast than one consisting of sugar, fat, salt and caffeine.

And another thing... it can cause a bit of a vicious circle because I know that a lot of kids spend theier dinner money in the morning and then go without dinner, my kids' school does not allow them off the premises at dinnertime, and this is in part, to stop them going out and buyin crap, but there is no check (as far as I know after speaking to my kids and other parents) on whether they have any dinner or not.

Oooo ...I'm coming over all Jamie Oliver!!!