Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Fnstein View Post
    They do - plenty of marshalls and flags - however it is well worth checking the map - people have been known to head over to Haworth after Shackleton Knoll.
    Thanks for the heads up. Really looking forward to Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieB View Post
    Never mind the tough going......beware the amazingly aggressive grouse on Shackleton Knoll.......peckpeckpeckaaarrrgggghhh!!
    Oh no! AAAaaaaargghhhh!

2016 results now available: https://heptonstallfellrace.wordpress.com/results/

Well done to all runners - hope to see you all again soon

had a much better run this year. 4:13 last year (dead last), 3:19 this year (not last)

still found it tough though, but i guess that's why we do it

great soup and bread at the end too

Great race - sunny all the way & a river to ford. 2:49:51 for me, & I didn't even make the top half of the finishers. There's a lot of fast runners thereabouts!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Master
    Another 2 minutes off my time, but still 2 more minute to break the 3 hour barrier. Will just have to come back next year.

One of my favourite events, I particularly like the hill at the end - on all the others, I overtake people on the way up and they all pass me again on the way down the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Fnstein View Post
    Yep, a shade over 9 miles to Walshaw.
    Thanks Fnstein. I needn't have worried about the cut-offs as I was well inside of time in the end.

What a great race. Fantastic organisation, food at the end and a beautiful day to be out in the hills. Thanks to all involved!

All packed up and ready for this. First time in this race, though I've been over some of it before - in the dark running the Spine Flare. Forcast looking good and the moors are fairly dry. !! What kit should I carry and what shoes should I wear!!? Oh sorry, should have been on Facebook. Full kit packed and wellies, with cap and mompass. Hoping to enjoy a day above the Calder valley.

Intending to make a return to this race following several years off, recovering.
    I have a cap, but my mompass has left to join the circus.

I hope NOT to have a day above the Calder Valley; four hours will be more than sufficient.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Trotted round unspectacularly but without incident or injury. That will do nicely.

Thanks to organisers and marshals.
    Glad to see the new vicar got into the spirit; I'm a sucker for tradition, and although a convinced atheist, I like it that the Heptonstall race retains its place as a rarity on the calendar: a fell race set off with a prayer and a blessing.

Some might say that both come in useful on the final climb; personally I put more faith in the work done on the Step Mill at the gym, which really paid dividends.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Trotted round unspectacularly but without incident or injury. That will do nicely.

Thanks to organisers and marshals.
    Glad to see the new vicar got into the spirit; I'm a sucker for tradition, and although a convinced atheist, I like it that the Heptonstall race retains its place as a rarity on the calendar: a fell race set off with a prayer and a blessing.

Some might say that both come in useful on the final climb; personally I put more faith in the work done on the Step Mill at the gym, which really paid dividends.
    I nodded at you, but you were careful to ignore me. You did the same at The Hebden, something I said?
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners