Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keaveny!!

Keaveny!!

OK, a rant of first world problem proportion.
    I work chained to a PC most afternoons. I habitually have radio on in the background...it helps my concentration (an old habit from A level swatting days).
    Over the past few years it has been my custom and pleasure to have the dulcet and calming tones of Radcliffe and Maconie to keep the day rolling along. But they have been replaced by a total, absolute COMPLETE talent vacuum that goes by the name of Shaun Keaveny. Whatever makes him or anyone else think that he is in any way whatsoever a DJ or even mildly entertaining is completely beyond me. To call him sh*t would be rude to sh*t!!

I'll just have to listen to R&M on iplayer.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I’m with you there Wheeze, Radio 6 music is no place for him, doesn’t he normally do the breakfast show on there? He was my reason for a move to Vaughn Williams for my commute as his inane chatter stressed me out before I’d even got to work.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Have to agree. SK is a real turn off - quite literally.
    The recent shuffle around of DJs on R6M has been a bit of a nightmare for me though at least I now get R&M when off out on my weekend morning activities. Not sure why everything had to change.

Daletown you can return to r6 for morning run. The lovely Lauren laverne is there now. I have NO IDEA why bbc persevere with keavney. He is teeth-grindingly bad and his "show" is dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Daletown you can return to r6 for morning run. The lovely Lauren laverne is there now. I have NO IDEA why bbc persevere with keavney. He is teeth-grindingly bad and his "show" is dire.
    I’ll give it a go this morning, I’m a fan of pretty much everyone else on R6 apart for Cerys Matthews who unfortunately bores me rigid

I know what you mean about Cerys....but that accent! I just turn to goo!!

For me, R6 is a lot about the voices. Cerys, Huey, Iggy, Marc, R&M, Mary-Ann, Cillian.....a celebration of vocal diversity!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I like the way, one thread is praising R6, another thread wants to scrap the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I know what you mean about Cerys....but that accent! I just turn to goo!!

For me, R6 is a lot about the voices. Cerys, Huey, Iggy, Marc, R&M, Mary-Ann, Cillian.....a celebration of vocal diversity!
    I’m with you there, accents are brilliant, there’s a radio reporter on the BBC with a real cracking Scottish islands accent, everything he says sounds like a song, we should try to preserve them at all costs.
    I don’t have anything against Cerys, I just think that sometimes some of the stuff she plays ‘here we have a bloke I found in a ditch on the side of the A1 who plays the paper and comb while his dog accompanies him on the bin lid’ is a bit hard to bear and I like diverse music as much as the next person

Quote Originally Posted by biaraV2 View Post
    I like the way, one thread is praising R6, another thread wants to scrap the BBC

Radio 6 is the best, my youngest lass moans that it’s an old mans station, ironic when it plays more new and groundbreaking stuff than most, she’ll come around eventually and realise I was right all along

As I said, I agree with you about the content of Cerys' show. Its just I would melt even if she read the telephone directory.
    I suppose its what you mean about about age. I mean, I still think my kids are, well, just kids! Despite my youngest turning 30 this year! Aaaarrggghhhhh!! I turned my son, 31, onto R6 a while back. He loves it.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth