Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I agree with you Richard. Not really something the FRA could or should adjudicate on. I expect it was escalated to a higher authority.
    I think you're right Wheeze. But the problem with things being escalated to higher echelons is that they tend to be distorted by those who thrive at those levels and who are more interested in their own power-play, adherence to esoteric on-message political correctness and the like. The views of 'ordinary' people/members somehow are often lost. Not sure how you remedy that. Some sort of grass-roots consultation. I know! A referendum perhaps
    Am Yisrael Chai

I don't think it's fair to characterise high level committees in that way. Yes, we all sigh about the cliched notion of "blazers" and self seeking individuals getting into positions of authority. But it takes a certain mindset to play in that arena, one that most "ordinary " people don't or wouldn't want to possess.
    Someone has to do it. Would you??

I don't think it's fair to characterise high level committees in that way. Yes, we all sigh about the cliched notion of "blazers" and self seeking individuals getting into positions of authority. But it takes a certain mindset to play in that arena, one that most "ordinary " people don't or wouldn't want to possess.
    Someone has to do it. Would you??

Fine for you to express an alternative opinion if you don't agree. But rather gratuitous of you to also assume I haven't and that I don't speak from some experience, albeit at a 'lowly' regional rather than dizzy national level. I have, on several occasions in my own professional area, and representing an NGO I used to volunteer for, plus for one of my 'other' sporting interests.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post

Mr Breeze has asked me to post this as he is, as ever, out on his Bianchi Celeste searching out the local hills. (never see him in Cononley though...)
    Hills? Cononley? Isn’t it so pan flat near Weeden Great Hall that you have a level crossing?
    Anyway next time I am west of the Airedale Line I will slow right down to see if I can identify the alleged Cononley Hill.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

If you ask a local its pronounced 'kun-la'
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Hills? Cononley? Isn’t it so pan flat near Weeden Great Hall that you have a level crossing?
    Anyway next time I am west of the Airedale Line I will slow right down to see if I can identify the alleged Cononley Hill.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.9187...7i13312!8i6656 ?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I personally feel this thread should now stop. It's got into some very muddy water and is not doing the forum any good. We will never be able to change peoples views by posting on here. Mr Breeze has stated the FRA's position on Ms Jeska and thats enough. To carry this thread on will put people off participating in the forum or joining it. Please - no more

Yeah I think you’re right there

But it takes a certain mindset to play in that arena,
    are we back on the psychopath topic, or was that another thread
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I agree -others don't obvs

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I personally feel this thread should now stop. It's got into some very muddy water and is not doing the forum any good. We will never be able to change peoples views by posting on here. Mr Breeze has stated the FRA's position on Ms Jeska and thats enough. To carry this thread on will put people off participating in the forum or joining it. Please - no more