Page 70 of 304 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

I can see the car park at Wet Sleddale dam from my house. It has been closed off recently with boulders across the access road and signs. Anyway it must be open again and it is as full as I can remember seeing it, even on bank holiday weekends. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Master
    9.07 miles, 2,200 feet, 2 hours 3 minutes, Roman ruins, then Wansfell Ridge. About a dozen on the fell - rather more than there have been on recent outings. And 3 cars at a set of traffic lights!

Here in Wales we may now go fishing so long as we walk or cycle to it as part of our daily exercise . Not surprisingly I am fine with this, whilst 90% of anglers are bellyaching like hell

Jumped on bike, cycled up to reservoir, caught good trout, cycled home, 10 miles. Had walk with wife this afternoon.
    Trout for tea and demolishing bottle of New Zealand white wine.....Happy Days are here again and sod the rest of the miserable beggars.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Today's PDE was a 10 mile and 700 feet evening run around the lanes and fields of Flagg. A very cold wind made it hard work and could I have done with extra layer.

Did not see a soul on my run but during the day back at home it was snided with people walking through the village. Apparently Bakewell was very busy with folk with not a great deal to do as most of the shops are shut and staff in the Co-op inundated with people requesting to use their staff toilets!

One thing I have noticed with walkers through the village is that prior to coronavirus they walked with their heads up and generally a smile on their faces. Now their heads are down and they don't make eye contact,suspecting,no doubt, I am a grumpy local. When I say hello to them, and I do to each and every one I pass, they lift their heads, smile and say hello, which is nice!

We can still be pleasant to each other.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Today's PDE was a 10 mile and 700 feet evening run around the lanes and fields of Flagg. A very cold wind made it hard work and could I have done with extra layer.

Did not see a soul on my run but during the day back at home it was snided with people walking through the village. Apparently Bakewell was very busy with folk with not a great deal to do as most of the shops are shut and staff in the Co-op inundated with people requesting to use their staff toilets!

One thing I have noticed with walkers through the village is that prior to coronavirus they walked with their heads up and generally a smile on their faces. Now their heads are down and they don't make eye contact,suspecting,no doubt, I am a grumpy local. When I say hello to them, and I do to each and every one I pass, they lift their heads, smile and say hello, which is nice!

We can still be pleasant to each other.
    What did the Co-op say to the toilet requesters? - tricky. Huge scope for infection in a toilet space.

Master
    12.58 miles, 3,400 feet, 3 hours 9 minutes, Fairfield Horseshoe. Only 9 on the fell, roads quiet, people have kindly stayed away.

Banned
    9.8k walk 465m of ascent.

Talk about a hilly course.

6.80 mile, 700ft, 2:08 on a walk with MrsWP.

Unbelievable views west and south today from the Wainwright Viewpoint on the Yellow Hills. 70 miles as the crow flies to Snowdonia.
    Clear as day, but my camera on the phone doesn't do it justice.Snowdonia from Yellow Hills.jpg
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Cracking photo

Today we walked to Brinscall and did a woodland loop when we got there.

Daughter (who lives with us) was in the area and we got a lift back.

5.73 miles, 600ft, 1:48

The most remarkable bit was only 4 miles from home to Brinscall. When looking at the strava map, I have inadvertently picked an almost direct route.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell