Thread: Not to miss gems around Kettlewell

Not to miss gems around Kettlewell

Me and the family are spending a few nights in Kettlewell over February half term. It's not an area I know having only ever been there with the fell relays once ... My 2 boys are only little so big hikes aren't an option, but are there any little gems I should seek out? Quiet riverside spots, cool rock formations, anything like that ... I was thinking of visiting Malham until I seen a post on how busy it is recently... I'm thinking the fell running community here probably know all the best spots around there.
    We're coming over via Coverdale and that too is a new valley for me, I'm quite looking forward to it all!
    Thanks in advance

Cracking Lime Kiln just outside the village. Under Great Cote Scar, near spot height 233, marked on OS as 'Quarry (dis)'.

Steep miners track NW out of Hawkswick under Hawkswick Moor leads to secluded beater's hut, good for picnic stop on walk.

Dowber Gill, path leads up it.

Buckden Lead Mine, at the top of Buckden Gill, path leading up. Bring a torch if you want to go in, main level mostly driven in clay so is very stable. Allow 2hrs to explore all the passages, one way in/out.

Cray Gill, path leads up from lane junction, features old packhorse bridge.

Conistone Dib, Conistone.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Me and the family are spending a few nights in Kettlewell over February half term. It's not an area I know having only ever been there with the fell relays once ... My 2 boys are only little so big hikes aren't an option, but are there any little gems I should seek out? Quiet riverside spots, cool rock formations, anything like that ... I was thinking of visiting Malham until I seen a post on how busy it is recently... I'm thinking the fell running community here probably know all the best spots around there.
    We're coming over via Coverdale and that too is a new valley for me, I'm quite looking forward to it all!
    Thanks in advance
    Cray Gill Fall Rev!

https://myyorkshiredales.co.uk/water...ay-gill-falls/

Ah thanks plenty too go off there, cheers