Page 205 of 553 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

DN you are spot on, since Billy Davies was sacked for failing to gain promotion to the Premiership, after all he did only get into the play offs 2 or 3 times, there has been a constant in and out of managers who have wasted a considerable amount of money - how on earth a club is supposed to created a steady string of results when all the new managers just buy 'old / has beens' from their old club I dont know. Hardly the way a club should be managed / governed by the board.

Fingers crossed McLeish can do something though - I will wait with baited breath.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    DN you are spot on, since Billy Davies was sacked for failing to gain promotion to the Premiership, after all he did only get into the play offs 2 or 3 times, there has been a constant in and out of managers who have wasted a considerable amount of money - how on earth a club is supposed to created a steady string of results when all the new managers just buy 'old / has beens' from their old club I dont know. Hardly the way a club should be managed / governed by the board.

Fingers crossed McLeish can do something though - I will wait with baited breath.
    Alex McLeish - club manager

• Motherwell (1994-98)
    • W 48 D 45 L 63
    • Hibernian (1998-2001)
    • W 77 D 42 L 45
    • Rangers (2001-2006)
    • W 155 D 44 L 36
    • Birmingham(2007-2011)
    • W 62 D 51 L 55
    • Aston Villa (2011-2012)
    • W 9 D 17 L 16

Only Rangers looks to be a great return all the rest are around average either just above or below.

Nowt against the bloke or forest but owners have to take a reality check and realise nothing in sport is a given.

Very good game between Everton and Chelsea today. Everton are always worth watching for their commitment and skill Good result for Chelsea really when a draw would have been fairer on the day. David Moyes is (IMHO ) the best Premiership manager given the resources he has :thumbup: Distin is still a good defender Man City by the way! Frank Lampard would be snapped up by Man United if he left Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Frank Lampard would be snapped up by Man United if he left Chelsea.
    I agree....he'd cost them nothing, he’s about four years younger than Giggs and Scholes and he scores goals from midfield. He’s scored more goals this year than Carrick, Cleverley and Scholes combined. He’s comfortably got two or three more seasons in him. He won’t play 90 minutes every week but if he starts 20 games for the rags he’d score them seven goals
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    I agree....he'd cost them nothing, he’s about four years younger than Giggs and Scholes and he scores goals from midfield. He’s scored more goals this year than Carrick, Cleverley and Scholes combined. He’s comfortably got two or three more seasons in him. He won’t play 90 minutes every week but if he starts 20 games for the rags he’d score them seven goals
    I'd take Lampard on a free, no problems. He's a different player to anyone we currently have at United and, like you say, if we can get 20 games from him it'd be worth it.

I wouldn't pay anything for him in January though, it wouldn't be worth it. Kagawa's been pretty good for us so far and I reckon it'd be him that suffers the most from any move (possibly Carrick).

On a different note, Rooney's been largely pushed out of the limelight since RVP came on board. Will be interesting to see how he handles not being the main man....
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 03-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Good result.. made it hard work again.. deserved it in the end, the should have been down to 10 at least, but our second was possibly offside, but the linesman could have never spotted it..

Big game now..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Big game now..
    We can not under estimate the importance of this victory, 10 points behind would have been a hard task, but 7 is really nothing, I am over the bluemoon about that result, Fulham at home next for us with you lot away at Spurs.

We can not under estimate the importance of this victory, 10 points behind would have been a hard task, but 7 is really nothing, I am over the bluemoon about that result, Fulham at home next for us with you lot away at Spurs.
    Well played by you lot. Koscielny off was right, against 10men and Arsenals usual napping, little doubt in outcome. Arsenal played okay in second half but hardly troubled Joe Hart. Kompanys sending off evened it up but was wrong, possible yellow but not red.

Worried for the Arsenal though, need a bit of class somewhere. Was amazed to read the stats though, last 17 mike Deam matches we have now won 1!! and Arsenal have scored more goals so far this season that they did last year with Van persie, how did that happen?????

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Well played by you lot. Koscielny off was right, against 10men and Arsenals usual napping, little doubt in outcome. Arsenal played okay in second half but hardly troubled Joe Hart. Kompanys sending off evened it up but was wrong, possible yellow but not red.

Worried for the Arsenal though, need a bit of class somewhere. Was amazed to read the stats though, last 17 mike Deam matches we have now won 1!! and Arsenal have scored more goals so far this season that they did last year with Van persie, how did that happen?????
    Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Doyle, Watson, Oakes, Hartford, Bell, Royle, Marsh, Tueart. Sub. Power.

That was the last City team, before today, to win away at Arsenal.

That must have been one of the longest bogeys in the history of English football.

I must admit biara, I didn't think it would be today, with both Kun and YaYa out.

Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Doyle, Watson, Oakes, Hartford, Bell, Royle, Marsh, Tueart. Sub. Power.

That was the last City team, before today, to win away at Arsenal.

That must have been one of the longest bogeys in the history of English football.

I must admit biara, I didn't think it would be today, with both Kun and YaYa out.
    Aye big win.. fancied you to get a draw but the red killed them off.. but it was the right call.. but credit to City, strong team mentally, they keep bouncing back..

Thought Kompany's red was a tad harsh.. but it was silly, it was studs up, off the ground into the man and they are often reds.. at 2-0 against 10 men there was no need for it.. can't see it getting over turned.. It wasn't really two footed but I can see why the ref sent him off.. and it did look like it could have been two footed until you watch the replay.

Looking at the games now I think you have an easier run for a few weeks.. 7's nothing as you say. A long way to go yet.