Page 171 of 172 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Funny story.

I'm with the raynet guy, we're on the radio trying to track down some missing numbers. The YHA is home to a large party of Hasidic Jews who are celebrating the Jewish Sabbath, an old Jewish man is walking around pensively in the car park. All of a sudden the hostel door bursts open and a conga line of Jewish teenagers careers out all singing in Hebrew. They encircle the old man who decides to cut his quiet time short and join in. They're all dancing around singing and it's impossible to hear what's going on on the radio, so we give up and try again later. They went for a walk up Stoodley Pike earlier in the day, all dressed in Oxfords and polyester slacks some with the tall black top hats.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Mr B I’ve sent you a message and a photo on Facebook messenger if you can access it!!
    I stayed for a bit and we found a couple of people. The rest were found by the time i got back to Haworth.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Travs, good to see you at the start. I'm sorry to hear you had to bail out with a sore knee. You know I'm not surprised. You've been hammering the events with a vengeance in recent months. My knees always tell me when I'm doing too much.

mr brightside, great to see you again at Mankinholes then again at the finish. I'm sorry I missed out on a snifter this year (far too slow for that).

The conditions early on were hostile, to say the least. I was lucky to avoid a soaking while crossing Widdop Reservoir dam but I had to turn around and force my way backwards into the wind on the far side. After that, the driving hail made my legs burn through the waterproof trousers. After I'd finished many hours later, my quads still looked shot-blasted. The day turned out nice in the end, though. A strong finish (for me) with some overtaking after the last checkpoint was the icing on a very stale cake.

Well done Nick, good to see that you smashed your target time...

Funnily at the b&b in Haworth, there was another guest who was also racing... lo and behold, he was also from Coventry...

When he imparted that fact, it was amazing how quickly my mind went from having a polite conversation about the race, to thinking "right, i'm going to beat this guy out of sight...." !! i guess i'll always be a racer!

In a mirror-image of last year, when i suffered with a similar knee pain mid-way through the LM42 (although on that occasion limped through to finish), the pain has disappeared as quickly as it came. Hopefully like last year it won't return, and this is just a temporary setback in my long-distance plans for the year.

Super Moderator
    Results for anyone who hasn’t seen them. I’m determined to do this again in 2020

https://fellrunner.org.uk/results/race19/19_hobble.html
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 15-03-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Its that time of year again..

So it is, and the weather forecast isn't looking quite as bad as it was last year.
    Don't forget to take £5 for the car park (it seems to have gone up from last year).

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    So it is, and the weather forecast isn't looking quite as bad as it was last year.
    Don't forget to take £5 for the car park (it seems to have gone up from last year).
    well that's Brexit's fault, obviously
    Glad you said that again, I really don't feel so bad I slept in like a NumpT last year (FFS!)

It's actually been 3-4 years since I last did it.
    I'm assuming that the Route hasn't changed?
    Last edited by Toyota_Crown; 13-03-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Still the same route, Anthony. Big question is, will it still be going ahead or will it be the last-gasp ultra before the country shuts down? Perhaps Brett can confirm?