Page 398 of 553 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

When the bin dippers win the Title Moyes should be executed at full time after the final home game.
    Nothing too nasty - I had thought putting him in a sack & let 15-20 reds beat him to death with baseball bats - but just a hanging will suffice.

Shouldn't take too long to set up some temporary gallows where the trophy presentation thing would usually be.
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    So who are the Man U fans rooting for in the title race now? Chelsea?? Out of the three I'd rather Liverpool won....

Arsenal have defaulted to normal business unfortunately. I would have taken a cup and fourth at the start of the season - wouldn't be suprised if we lost to Hull mind
    Chelsea, definitely.

Scraping a draw with a team planted at the bottom of the league and they're the highest paid sports team in the world: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27046221

It really is a funny old game.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    When the bin dippers win the Title Moyes should be executed at full time after the final home game.
    Nothing too nasty - I had thought putting him in a sack & let 15-20 reds beat him to death with baseball bats - but just a hanging will suffice.

Shouldn't take too long to set up some temporary gallows where the trophy presentation thing would usually be.

Moyes is going nowhere.

Fergie, lying drunk on his Caribbean sun-bed will be on the phone to the Glazers insisting all Moyes needs is time whilst Gerrard is dancing around Anfield with the league trophy.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Moyes is going nowhere.

Fergie, lying drunk on his Caribbean sun-bed will be on the phone to the Glazers insisting all Moyes needs is time.
    Expecting the unrest to die down. They have already contacted the Moyes Abatement Society!

Moyes is going nowhere.

Fergie, lying drunk on his Caribbean sun-bed...
    Well I don't know much about football (although my team has just secured promotion and will probably win its Division) but any man who has Romanée-Conti and Petrus in his wine cellar can't be all bad.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Moyes is going nowhere.

Fergie, lying drunk on his Caribbean sun-bed will be on the phone to the Glazers insisting all Moyes needs is time whilst Gerrard is dancing around Anfield with the league trophy.
    you employed a manager who is the spanish Moyes... won nothing, good at backs against the wall under dog teams... but moyes is young pelligrini isn't..

we've never seen this sort of obscene spending in football.. the highest paid squad in history, the most expensive squad in history... which wins the odd cup...

also he screwed up, city did at the weekend, they had liverpool on the ropes, got it to 2-2.. United would have won 4-2.. City got nervous and sat back happy with 2-2... you deserved a point but it wasnt bad luck really.. tactically you just got it wrong.... its why pelligrini has to go..
    Last edited by IainR; 17-04-2014 at 03:15 PM.

I'd rather Liverpool win.
    I'd like to underline that by saying I think that in general I find the Liverpool fans the most annoying in the country consistently over the last 30 odd years, so it isn't through any long-standing admiration.
    I go off the type of football played.
    I could see them progressing last year under Rodgers and calmed down (no pun intended) many Liverpool fans who were calling for his head after only a couple of months.
    So as reward for a job well done, playing pretty good football with lots of pace, managing to get Gerrard playing again (as I thought he'd had it), bringing in some great young talent and letting them play, seeing the ability of Sturridge when many didn't, sticking it out with Suarez who will probably be player of the season....

I think Liverpool deserve the title on merit as things stand - even if I'm going to have to put up with all their cocky BS for another 12 months until the promoted Clarets knock them down to size
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well I don't know much about football (although my team has just secured promotion and will probably win its Division) . . . .
    Scunthorpe, or the Wolves Graham; surely not Leicester?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

I think Liverpool deserve the title on merit as things stand - even if I'm going to have to put up with all their cocky BS for another 12 months until the promoted Clarets knock them down to size
    They do.. City or Chelsea should have won it, but Liverpool have been beyond themselves but also all their key players have performed.. Henderson has gone from being a joke to the best center mid apart from Toure.. they are less reliant on gerrard as well..

I think City may never recover from this set back.. Sheik will get fed up with pissing money down the drain.. the players haunted.. like Blackburn but worse and I they'll plummet down the leagues like Leeds.. tick tock..