Page 286 of 847 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Todays Bike Ride

38 mile just as a recovery ride this afternoon as I coached the juniors on a hill rep session this morning and old legs were tired.

Horrible day out. Headed out for 30 and just couldn't get going into the wind. Cut short after 8 and finished with 18 done. Ho Hummm.

Disaster! Started my race well, but at the bottom of a steep and furiously fast descent I was maxing out in 53/12 at well over 60 kms/hr... at the front of the bunch, as I was expecting to drift back on the climb which followed after a shapr lefthand turn... I slam the chain onto the 39 in prepartion and the bloody thing comes off!!! I then can't get it back in the big ring trying to chase the bunch, whihc was by then too far away to ever catch them again at that pace, on my own into a headwind GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR!

I could blame the bike, but it is me that f*cked up the gearing... and the maintenance from the looks of it!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR feel such an incompetent stupid numpty...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Disaster! Started my race well, but at the bottom of a steep and furiously fast descent I was maxing out in 53/12 at well over 60 kms/hr... at the front of the bunch, as I was expecting to drift back on the climb which followed after a shapr lefthand turn... I slam the chain onto the 39 in prepartion and the bloody thing comes off!!! I then can't get it back in the big ring trying to chase the bunch, whihc was by then too far away to ever catch them again at that pace, on my own into a headwind GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR!

I could blame the bike, but it is me that f*cked up the gearing... and the maintenance from the looks of it!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR feel such an incompetent stupid numpty...
    Donte beat yourself up to much Hann
    What did you do wrong. Anyway its only a race . There will be others

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    How does the 631 compare to your Rourke Daz? I keep wondering whether to upgrade the groupset on the 631 that I've got.
    If im honest after 1 x ride the 953 pisses all over the 631. Its lighter and much stiffer. Ive really got the 631 for just doing steady long training rides and the fact that I just wanted a Mercian.
    The bike handled lovely over the rough roads though Dom. Ive set it up for a more sit up ride, touring almost. The 531, and the 631 for me have always been the most comfy of steels.
    If your thinking of a Mecian though Dom, be prepared for a good 6 month wait

Dropped from 53/12 to 39/12 at the bottom of a steep descent, in anticipation of having to go round a sharp corner and up the ramp onto the A48, which is a climb... chain came off got dropped, could not get back on... mainly because I also could not get back into the big ring after that grrrrrr bad gearing decision and something wrong with the gearing...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Dropped from 53/12 to 39/12 at the bottom of a steep descent, in anticipation of having to go round a sharp corner and up the ramp onto the A48, which is a climb... chain came off got dropped, could not get back on... mainly because I also could not get back into the big ring after that grrrrrr bad gearing decision and something wrong with the gearing...
    could be the front mech needs a slight adjustment Hann.

undercover moderator

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Attachment 3789
    Just 40 miles for me on my new Mercian
    Hmm. Zondas. Falling out of love with mine after two broken spokes in a tri today.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    If im honest after 1 x ride the 953 pisses all over the 631. Its lighter and much stiffer. Ive really got the 631 for just doing steady long training rides and the fact that I just wanted a Mercian.
    The bike handled lovely over the rough roads though Dom. Ive set it up for a more sit up ride, touring almost. The 531, and the 631 for me have always been the most comfy of steels.
    If your thinking of a Mecian though Dom, be prepared for a good 6 month wait
    Cheers Daz, I've already got a 631 frame made by a bloke in Coventry about 12 years ago. At the moment it's sat on the turbo, but I'm sure that's a waste! My normal roadie is an alu Trek. It's a good bike, but on the crappy roads around here it's very harsh at times. I might take it out for a spin next week, I'm not going to use the turbo in the summer anyway!

undercover moderator

Jeffrey Archer?