Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben Race

Re: The Ben Race

FOUND ON BEN - NIKE HRM WATCH

If anyone lost a watch on the race let me know 'cos I've got it. The strap's broken and I nearly stepped on it on the screes. I tried to hand it in to an organiser but they suggested I wander round asking if anyone had lost it - I thought the forum was probably the best way.

Enjoyed the race and got in just under my target time of 2.1/2 hrs. Not sure I'll be back next year but I do fancy trying another race North of the border, maybe Stuc a`Chroin.

Just got home with my family its a long drive back to Wales(with crying baby)from Invermoriston a little north of Fort William.Had a great day the race was very hard but loved the atmosphere will be back.....Well done to all who ran.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post

If anyone lost a watch on the race let me know 'cos I've got it. The strap's broken and I nearly stepped on it on the screes. I tried to hand it in to an organiser but they suggested I wander round asking if anyone had lost it - I thought the forum was probably the best way.

Enjoyed the race and got in just under my target time of 2.1/2 hrs. Not sure I'll be back next year but I do fancy trying another race North of the border, maybe Stuc a`Chroin.
    not mine but i did wave and blow you a kiss at the start

any photos up anywhere yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post

I believe this was lost by a club colleague. I'll send you a PM with his details and perhaps you could get in touch. He lives just down the M6 in Lancashire.

Cheers

Flat Foot

that was a tough one this year.
    Fell on the path on the way up, slipped on a rock, again on the way up, battering my shin. Cold and sluggish at the top (must have been bordering on hypothermia as I turned down jelly babies from the summit marshall, mad). Turned about 4 minutes off pb time
    Descended like I'd just had hip replacement surgery (without the aid of Landis's pharmacist) losing ground to just about everyone and about 6 mins off my best time.
    Despite gaining places on the way back along the road (and so I should have: I'd done eff all running for previous half hour), I still finished 10 mins off my pb.
    Ho Hum - you've got to take the rough with the smooth and they don't get much rougher that the Ben on a greasy day.

Still, entries for next year open soon, and I was only 10 spots off the Livvy prize.....

(and if you were there have a close look at the race program - there might be more than bbc scotland filming it next year )

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    I believe this was lost by a club colleague. I'll send you a PM with his details and perhaps you could get in touch. He lives just down the M6 in Lancashire.

Cheers

Flat Foot
    I've left a message. Thanks Flat Foot

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    not mine but i did wave and blow you a kiss at the start
    Yes, you were well ahead of me even before we'd set off.

No photos of me. The photographer had probably got bored and gone for a pint before I got down.
    Last edited by slowcoach; 04-09-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: felt like it

Full race results at the following link.
    http://www.wharfedaleharriers.org.uk...bennevis07.pdf

or a faster download here