Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tanky's trog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tankys Trog.

Anyone got a route or map or checkpoints for this race as i was interested in how it got from marsden to edale but there seems precious little info when looking on the net. I would imagine the woodhead and snake might be crossed over at some point and kinder at the end but that's about it. Not planning anything just interested since it is quite renowned.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Re: Tankys Trog.

I'll take you on it this summer. We can go for a ramble one week, and trott it the next. PM me & I'll send you a route.

Re: Tankys Trog.

Quote Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
    Anyone got a route or map or checkpoints for this race as i was interested in how it got from marsden to edale but there seems precious little info when looking on the net. I would imagine the woodhead and snake might be crossed over at some point and kinder at the end but that's about it. Not planning anything just interested since it is quite renowned.
    Lots on the Tanky race Thread

Tanky's trog 5/12/2010 is on!

Hi Everyone

Its coming towards that time of year when I'm sure you heads (if not bodies) are looking towards the December horizon and the pre-festive endurance of THE TROG!

This year it is back in the hands of the Tanky Clan, if not the man himself, and I am trying my hardest to ensure that the new modern entry system is continued and up to scratch!

For some reason the race is not in the fixtures list (don't know why as it was sent in) so please pass on the information to anyone who asks and I will ensure that the word is spread on forums and the DP website.

I am in the process of updating the entry form and it will be available very soon however any interest can be registered by emailing [email protected] and I can send forms out on request.

If you wish to phone for any details please contact 01246 414853.

Regards

Clair

Re: Tanky's trog 5/12/2010 is

Quote Originally Posted by Pontecake View Post
    For some reason the race is not in the fixtures list (don't know why as it was sent in) so please pass on the information to anyone who asks and I will ensure that the word is spread on forums and the DP website.
    The race isn't in the 2010 FRA Calendar because I haven't received any details. Last years organiser, Andy Plummer, had informed me that organisation was reverting to Tanky's family for 2010 and therefore I had been expecting the new organiser to apply to me for a Permit and associated UKA insurance. I'm sure it can be sorted out!
    Margaret Chippendale
    FRA Fixtures Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    The race isn't in the 2010 FRA Calendar because I haven't received any details. Last years organiser, Andy Plummer, had informed me that organisation was reverting to Tanky's family for 2010 and therefore I had been expecting the new organiser to apply to me for a Permit and associated UKA insurance. I'm sure it can be sorted out!
    Margaret Chippendale
    FRA Fixtures Secretary
    hi Margaret
    I thought we had sent something in to you earlier in the year? If not then please pm me or email [email protected] so that you can send me all the details I need!
    Sorry!
    Clair

Well done Clair,

Xcellent!!
    Great to hear it's on!!!
    Althought I was certain it would be...
    Will spread the word of course...
    Give my Best to Tanky Dad...
    See you on the 5th!

Plus, if you do need any assistance please let me know.

Cheers
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

i will let you know!!! your stater for 10...what are the grid references for crowden and snake check points!!! and also i have a mental block for the registration times!!! is it 7am til 8.45???? does that sound right??? I've completely forgotten!!! want to make sure its all on the entry form!

Master and MR

Tankys , black peg collectors

Required on the race.

Ian is correct in saying that there are hundreds of black pegs scattered on bleak low.

Who on earth came up with that one is beyond me.
    I'm sure Ian will agree with me in saying that it would be nice if the runners on the race heading over could pick maybe a couple up. They will make ideal tent pegs.

They are everywhere. I'd love to meet the person who came up with that idea. Bleaklow is starting too become to trodden and littered for my liking. And those bloody sticks as you head up want removing for good.
    Please pick a few of the pegs up.

Cheers daz

Re: Tankys , black peg collect

I'll pick up a couple during recce/race day.