Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Mine didn't fit in a 12 and I can't find a 12.5 so looks like it's back to Inov8! That's Adidas, Walsh and NB that seem to make shoes frustratingly small.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Got mine yesterday, 2 pairs to try on. Now my problem is that both seem okay... Normally I'm a 10 in most things so went for a 10.5 and and 11 to try. The 10.5 seems okay a little snug on the little toes but really nothing as bad as the fell shoes I used to wear! The 11 seems just a touch too long but the toes have a tiny bit more room. Should I go for the snug glove like fit or the more roomier fit? Do they stretch at all?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Got mine yesterday, 2 pairs to try on. Now my problem is that both seem okay... Normally I'm a 10 in most things so went for a 10.5 and and 11 to try. The 10.5 seems okay a little snug on the little toes but really nothing as bad as the fell shoes I used to wear! The 11 seems just a touch too long but the toes have a tiny bit more room. Should I go for the snug glove like fit or the more roomier fit? Do they stretch at all?
    They stretch. Mine felt a bit snug when I receive them but they've 'given' a bit and are a good fit now

I have to say I've been very surprised how good this shoe is and they seem to have caught a few folks' eye too, generating some interest
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    They stretch. Mine felt a bit snug when I receive them but they've 'given' a bit and are a good fit now

I have to say I've been very surprised how good this shoe is and they seem to have caught a few folks' eye too, generating some interest
    Cheers for that I'll probably stick with the 10.5's then - I quite like the glove like fit anyway and If the 11's stretch they'd be too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Cheers for that I'll probably stick with the 10.5's then - I quite like the glove like fit anyway and If the 11's stretch they'd be too big.
    Just ran over an hour and forty minutes on tough mountain trails. Love 'em.

No problems at all, responsive like trail glove but with more grip. I'd love them more if they were zero drop, but I can live with the 4mm for the time being.

Just ordered my second pair of these. I don't usually buy second pairs.

Absolutely hammered my first pair, pretty much not even worn any other shoe besides a couple of races which required more grip.

The grip on the sole has stood up well, with the orange studs still with plenty of rubber on. There are a few cuts in the mesh outer, but thats partly my fault for playing footy in them a couple of times!

Other than that, the best running shoe I've owned since 2009, and by far the cheapest! Long live the MT110.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Just ordered my second pair of these. I don't usually buy second pairs.

Absolutely hammered my first pair, pretty much not even worn any other shoe besides a couple of races which required more grip.

The grip on the sole has stood up well, with the orange studs still with plenty of rubber on. There are a few cuts in the mesh outer, but thats partly my fault for playing footy in them a couple of times!

Other than that, the best running shoe I've owned since 2009, and by far the cheapest! Long live the MT110.
    Couple of questions for you Ukhursty - After running in them for a while did the EVA compress? Do you notice the difference between your old pair and your new pair? Does the older pair's sole feel firmer - is there better groundfeel?

I've got about 130 miles on mine and they still feel squishy... Just wondering.