Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes again?

Re: Shoes again?

I reckon AJF probably needs more than one pair of shoes. A good shoe for trails is unlikely to perform well in MMs, which as well as very boggy terrain usually seem to involve a lot of contouring.

I've been wearing Montrail Highlanders for a while, and can thoroughly recommend them. Very supportive, yet close enough to the ground to be good when the going gets rough. Great for MMs.

BTW has anyone noticed that NB are discontinuing the RX Terrain?

To replace it, they've created this Frankenstein shoe covered in shiny plastic webs and gimmicks that weigh an absolute ton and couldn't possibly be used for fell running unless you are about 19 stone.

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    I reckon AJF probably needs more than one pair of shoes. A good shoe for trails is unlikely to perform well in MMs, which as well as very boggy terrain usually seem to involve a lot of contouring.
    I sort of know this to be the truth but I just don't want to admit it. Missus is allowed loads of impractical shoes but I am not.

I will not be running that many mountain marathons as there is not that many in the calendar so I understand there would need to be compromise on things.

I suppose I am looking for a great all rounder for distance and mixed terrain as opposed to lightweight speed.

Off shopping this weekend and will be trying the mizuno's and the Mudrocs and if I can find them then the highlanders and seeing what fits best. All seem to have good thumbs up from you all.

Would big up the Innov8 shoes with Bridgedale X-Hale socks. Quite accomodating for the wider foot too. Had not 1 blister since I got them in Jan.

I have Inov8 Mudclaw 330 at the minute but, after 6 months of thorough thrashing, the soles are just starting to go. I think I'll go for the Inov8 Roclite 285 next.......... because they're red

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/tro.../544/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by marty mcfly View Post
    Have a look at Mizuno Wave Harriers - they tick all the boxes and are dead comfy, but I occasionally slip on shiny wet rock.

They won't fall apart after a few runs like some inov8s...!

(Runs for cover)

I agree and they're only £40 here

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/?product_code=MIZ446
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

david

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    I'd give them 100 miles at most before my left big toe punched a hole in the upper. The toe protection doesn't extend far enough back.