Thread: Book of interest?

Book of interest?

Before I begin, you may possibly be sick of the sight of posts promoting a book entitled 'Everything Will Work Out in the Long Run.' If you are, please stop reading now and forget I posted this! This seems to have been popular with fell runners - have shared on the fell runners association page on facebook a few times and always had a good response, so thought I would share here too as I'm not sure if it's all the same people.

It's the story of how the endorphin highs of running and the focus running gave me enabled me to move forward from some truly harmful addictions that had come about because the world made very little sense to me from a young age. They left me so ill that I developed crippling anxiety and depression, which prevented me from leaving the house for some time. I got through it eventually by walking just a little further each day, and it was the combination of being outdoors and being active that allowed me to feel a little calmer and more positive about life in time. One day a number of years later this developed into an obsession with running. I have now completed a number of ultramarathons, and have found the endorphin high to eclipse any artificial high, and running gave me a healthy and sustainable focus that had really been lacking before.

If you are sufficiently intrigued by my story you can pick up a signed copy via the following link, where there are also some reviews and a full synopsis.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Everything...item3a986222f0

Thank you very much for your time. Take much care and happy running,

daVE

Jolly pleased you posted this, Dave as I've not come across it yet. (not being on that FaceBook). It sounds like an extraordinary story and look forward to reading it.