Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classics Trophy 2016

Classics Trophy 2016

Without wanting to give anything away that isn't common knowledge, there seemed to be rumour flying about that another race may be added to the trophy. Anyone know if true, and how it may affect the format/number of races needed to complete...?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Without wanting to give anything away that isn't common knowledge, there seemed to be rumour flying about that another race may be added to the trophy. Anyone know if true, and how it may affect the format/number of races needed to complete...?

Pete
    Page 61 of the FRA 2016 Calendar makes things perfectly clear.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Many thanks. Shall read on my return to blighty at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Page 61 of the FRA 2016 Calendar makes things perfectly clear.
    Clear, but interesting Mr B.
    There's the addition of Buttermere Horseshoe, but Borrowdale has been relegated from Super Long to Long, and Langdale has been dropped altogether.
    See the light in the night

The Longs are going to be "rotated" to keep the total races to 6, so Langdale will be back next year and one of the other Longs will be rested.

Borrowdale has never struggled for numbers so it need not be amongst the compulsory "two from Super Long" list.

Buttermere is a worthy addition to the Calendar: a "serious" race for "serious" fell runners and in the context of why the LCT was established it seems right to elevate it to LCT status (!) to broaden its appeal.

Bill and Ben are two of the nicest people in fell running and I applaud the changes they are making, which, although it was not necessary, they were kind and gracious to discuss with me before making the changes.

Does this mean the abreviation "SR" will be added to the race description ? Might rule me out , will there be checks at the start?

I personally found Buttermere Horseshoe harder than Ennerdale and Wasdale....it's a brute of a race, great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I personally found Buttermere Horseshoe harder than Ennerdale and Wasdale....it's a brute of a race, great addition.

Darren,

(Just between us girls). It was done just for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Heaning Hobbler View Post
    Does this mean the abreviation "SR" will be added to the race description ? Might rule me out , will there be checks at the start?
    Yep!

And all entrants will have to produce a portfolio of respectful Forum posts.

Banned
    OH dear, thats me out too. (thank goodness for that)