Thread: Cross Country 2017/18

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good luck today Yaks, I hope it went well...

Interesting day at the relays. I was apprehended approximately 5 minutes before I was due to start, and duly informed that we were disqualified! All of the other Masters events are v35's and our powers-that-be had assumed the same. Unfortunately this particular event is v40, rendering me as an ineligible runner. With only the four of us from the club actually in attendance, we were out of the running (literally), but they fortunately allowed us to run anyway.

Tough course, I think the fastest runners went through in 20-something minutes. I managed 25:36 which I was initially unhappy with, feeling very stiff in the legs from the past weeks training. But on seeing my three team-mates come in 40 seconds slower, dead equal, and 50 seconds faster, put me bang in the middle so can't have been too bad...

Felt that I fell apart a little on the 2nd lap, but only lost one place so perhaps I'm too hard on myself. I was being chased down hard by a group of 4 or 5 for most of the 2nd lap, and thought it was a matter of time, but hitting the hilly final km stopped the chasers in their tracks and I was able to hold them off quite comfortably.

Nice start to the season, with the exception of the "administrative cockup"
    Last edited by Travs; 21-10-2017 at 05:45 PM.