[QUOTE=ba-ba;638758]You have the V3K (Vegan welsh 3000) which is I believe a separate event entirely to the original(?) Welsh 3000/1000s race. I think.

QUOTE]

The Welsh 1000 (metres) and the Welsh 3000 (feet) are totally different routes and events. Welsh 1000 starts on the coast and finishes on Snowdon, goes over 5 summits I think, and is in my opinion as hard as the likes of Peris. I possibly find it even harder than Peris due to the sheer size of the climbs all in one go, it's a gauranteed cramp inducer, and I've yet to get round it without having a little lie down on the Pyg Track. Getting off Snowdon afterwards is always interesting as well... A proper fell race (although there are short courses and walkers courses running alongside the 'real' fell race).

The Welsh 3000 I understand was a BG type challenge and commonly starts on the top of Snowdon and finished on one of the northern Carneddau tops, covering around 15 peaks (there being a lot more peaks over 3000ft than there are peaks over 1000mtrs).

The only 'race' over the 3000 course is indeed the V3K, and I think starts down at Nant Gwynant or Rhyd-du, to avoid the complexities of starting a race on the top of Snowdon.