Thread: the Hebden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: the Hebden

It won't be quick, and due to the nature of the course, anyone who wants to do the other version can bail halfway thru our run, and leg it back to the finish along the Canal which is the shortened route anyway.
    A few years ago before I managed the full route, I did the shortened route, and as there was only me and a few others I finished first and when I got back to the finish had to gee them up "hello, anyone about, I've finished" no fanfare for me boo hoo!
    Don't think i'll arrange any dripping sandwiches, you'll have to wait till race day for that!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

I suppose that the only time constraint would be that it will be getting dark at 15:30, that would give us five and a half hours.

Dark, dark, dark, wot's that then - a headtorch and dark is excellent for honing (is that a real word?) the old navigational skills!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Dark, dark, dark, wot's that then - a headtorch and dark is excellent for honing (is that a real word?) the old navigational skills!
    Blimey....hope to be back in time to not require a headtorch....besides....I don't own a headtorch!!!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Last year, I managed 5 hours exactly. Target for 2010: 4hrs 59.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Last year, I managed 5 hours exactly. Target for 2010: 4hrs 59.
    Ok...must stick to TF's heels or I will get lost in the dark, dark, dark!!!!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Ok...must stick to TF's heels or I will get lost in the dark, dark, dark!!!!
    You'll never get lost again, now YOU'VE GOT A GARMIN 205....
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Clive, you know that I'm often to be seen , or not seen, messing about with a headtorch on some moor at night.
    However, seeming I took an eccentric route in the last mile of the Hebden last year, in good visibility, I think a recce without the added complication of darkness is preferable if possible. However I will bring one, and will also bring a spare if anyone's in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Clive, you know that I'm often to be seen , or not seen, messing about with a headtorch on some moor at night.
    However, seeming I took an eccentric route in the last mile of the Hebden last year, in good visibility, I think a recce without the added complication of darkness is preferable if possible. However I will bring one, and will also bring a spare if anyone's in need.
    Mea Culpa, I managed exactly the same, probably in similar place, so instead of a sub 4h30 I managed 4h42....grrrrr grrrrr grrrr!
    I agree, good visibility would be the preferred choice.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge