Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fellsman

Just had a look at the LDWA site, and the tip there is to get to Fleet Moss before the grouping point.

As for target - my real target is to finish without crying, but I'll probably need a bit of a time target to keep me moving in the second half. From past experience I generally fade after the 30 mile mark.

Talking about groups - once you get grouped are you in those groups for the rest of the event?

Cheers for the answers,
    LS

The real tip is getting across fleet moss and to hell gap with out too many navigational hick ups...

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    The real tip is getting across fleet moss and to hell gap with out too many navigational hick ups...
    Saz is the grid ref correct for Hell gap, You never had to go so far north when I did it last.

The real Hell Gap is on Gilbert Lane not at Stake Moss. I make it about 1 mile out
    Ian

If Robin Price is entered and anywhere near you stick like glue to him over Fleet Moss - he knows it like the back of his hand!

Ian, I have not checked for this year as I'm not doing it - going for the TCT instead, but it was correct the couple of years before - they have moved it back up the track (well I think did so 2 years ago) to stop people going over protected ground I think - so yes a couple of years ago it did make it longer and its been the same since

enjoy

that should be OCT - always check before you post..

I'm not doing it this year, but yes the check point did move so I assume that unless they have moved it back, which I doubt, then it is correct.

My advice: Go like stink up to Cray then fond someone there who knows the route like the back of their hand and stick with them through the night section. You don't want to be left waiting for people behind you to group with you as you'll just get cold.
    Best of luck both of you.
    And also best of luck Ian with your BG attempt. When are you doing it?

Wylie
    In endless fruitless pursuit of roadrunners...

Ian - sounds like a good one to me, I was at home, although I admit I kept thinking 'its such and such time I should be at x' - all hopefully in good stead as will be doing the old county tops next w/e instead

happy recovery

Does anyone remember the hilarious musical video of one man's reccy of part of the course, where he jived to an ELO tune? I'd love to watch it again, does anyone have the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Does anyone remember the hilarious musical video of one man's reccy of part of the course, where he jived to an ELO tune? I'd love to watch it again, does anyone have the link?
    Would this be the exploits of Fellsman refered to on page 129 perhaps?