Having just spent 3 nights in hospital all wired up to heart machines because my pulse on Sunday was down as low as 28 bpm I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Normally 45 to 48 bpm is my resting heart rate. Max is 180 bpm
Sunday night was when I was woken a good number of times, almost sighing or yawning to take maximum oxygen into my body. I put on my Garmin chest strap and checked my HR. Readings were 34 to 37 bpm.

I phoned NHS Direct and had a paramedic here very quickly followed by an Ambulance and then off I went to hospital. (No pain anywhere though)
Same readings in Hospital over Monday (blood test for heart attack proved negative) Just bed and monitored.
Tuesday I had an ultrasound scan which revealed nothing, then all wire up I did a treadmill test, regular increase in speed and incline. I got to the next to last stage and HR max was 174 bpm although I could still hold conversation they would not allow me to max out because they had got the readings they required.

I have seen 3 consultants and their verdicts were a virus, along with tiredness and an increase in fitness had all conspired to lower my HR.

I am back some where round normal pulse rate now having had no drugs what so ever.

Just a bed, rest and 3 days of boredom + worry that I may never run or cycle again.

I have now been told to build slowly again. Max HR 70% this week, 80% next and so on.
No racing for a month. Ireland looks like my come back.

Has anyone any thoughts or info on such hapenings?