Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Wuthering Hike

Re: Christmas Wuthering Hike

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Chris we will be setting off from Haworth itself not Penistone Hill at 9am. PM me and I will send details.
    Sounds a wonderful idea but having been full of cold/flu for the past week, the cross country is the best that I shall do on Saturday. It's a long while back (before the start/finish moved from Haworth to Penistone Hill) since Hoof Stones Moor was part of the route - hated that stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    Sounds a wonderful idea but having been full of cold/flu for the past week, the cross country is the best that I shall do on Saturday. It's a long while back (before the start/finish moved from Haworth to Penistone Hill) since Hoof Stones Moor was part of the route - hated that stretch.
    Sorry you can't make it Gordon - good chance of some snow as well to make more interesting . Maybe we will do it next year when we have forgotten how hard it was!!

If you are fit again by 3rd Jan you can always do the Calder Valley Round - see other thread. Although you can do it any time to suit if you cannot make it then.

I have had to pull out of this-very reluctantly!! I can't move my car to the decent roads without risking a skid/crash and I'm terrified of driving in snow and ice. MM, please please please(x a million) do it again in the near future. Damn bloody snow-as a child it was great but it ruins your running plans..... I'm absolutely gutted, anyone going tomorrow, be careful and don't have too much fun!! Only kidding-I'm just mega jealous. Boo hoo...

I will do my best to get there. Just hope I can get out of the street in the morning on to the main roads. Then we will see what the running is like......

I'm still up for this, and I reckon that the trip from Hebden Bridge over t'hill to Haworth should be do-able, even with a bit of snow. Hope to see somebody there, should be good.

Anyone back yet? I've been moping around all day thinking "could I have made it?" Its been beautiful-I trust the running was also?

Yes finished as planned not long after 4 - just right for viewing the Christmas lights in Haworth . The sun came out but not for that long so perhaps not as good as up in Settle, bitter wind at times as well. The running was steady due to the conditions - and lack of any recent distance on my part . - Chris nearly got frostbite waiting around - reckon he'll be whizzing round come March .

Many thanks to everyone, hope you didn't get too cold waiting for me. I think I made the right decision!