Page 61 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Super Moderator

Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    The Fellsman.......go on, you know you want to!
    Are you doing the Fellsman this year?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Are you doing the Fellsman this year?
    Well lets just say I've entered it and we'll see what happens. After yesterday it's beginning to look like a very very long way. Are you doing it?

Super Moderator

Well lets just say I've entered it and we'll see what happens. After yesterday it's beginning to look like a very very long way. Are you doing it?
    BG for me mid July

You finished strongly yesterday and looked to be running well. Bear in mind 18hour Fellsman pace, which I'd have thought you'd manage nicely is much slower than yesterday. Hobble is horribly runnable for first 20miles. We set off as fast if not faster than I'd do on a road marathon A few long days and you'll get round the Fellsman. You could do worse than tag along with some BG recces! Calderdale Hike would be good training too

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    BG for me mid July

You finished strongly yesterday and looked to be running well. Bear in mind 18hour Fellsman pace, which I'd have thought you'd manage nicely is much slower than yesterday. Hobble is horribly runnable for first 20miles. We set off as fast if not faster than I'd do on a road marathon A few long days and you'll get round the Fellsman. You could do worse than tag along with some BG recces! Calderdale Hike would be good training too
    Yeah hadn't really looked at it that way, doesn't seem quite so scary now. I'm planning on running it with a couple from CV who have done it many times before so I'll be in safe hands. I really fancied the Calderdale Hike again but we're in Ireland for the British champ race. Good luck with your BG training and let me know if I can help with road support.

Re: Haworth Hobble 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    My brain refuses to accept that there is such a thing as the Haworth Hobble 2011
    But there is, and you'll be there

Super Moderator

Yeah hadn't really looked at it that way, doesn't seem quite so scary now. I'm planning on running it with a couple from CV who have done it many times before so I'll be in safe hands. I really fancied the Calderdale Hike again but we're in Ireland for the British champ race. Good luck with your BG training and let me know if I can help with road support.
    Doing Fellsman with a couple of old hands sounds perfect. You've not got to worry about navigation, just plodding on I did 50mile White Cliffs challenge walk with LDWA and we were grouped at nightfall. A man and his wife asked if we'd done it before and when we said no, they said right we'll navigate and you just worry about finishing. We all got round including a fella who was keen to drop out only the rest of us wouldn't let him

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by CANTONA View Post
    My moneys on Al, Tom turns up at too many races to watch.
    Get some racing done lazy boy
    He only races those people he think he can beat and are 25+ years older than him (40 if you include brett), I agree he should be looking for real competition.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by wormstone View Post
    D Now realise who Mr Brightside is (doling out the juice at Mankinholes) and Anitsocial (if that was the "lady" in the car park).

What's next???
    Twas me, that Eddie Izzard is inspiring isn't he.

well done every one. sorry to have missed it but the sky line is next week and wanted fresh legs.

An a very welldone to Adam Perry who was joint winner, It must have been the easy training run I took him on last Friday that clinched it

It was a good day yesterday - spectating, taking pictures and helping out at Haworth. Turbo Tom had a good fast run up to the last checkpoint with me on the bike in time for the first runners through. Thanks for your company and conversation, Tom.

I take my hat off to Brett and crew for an amazingly well organised event, considering the loss of the normal venue at such short notice.

I took some pictures for a while before returning to base for duty, where I took a few more. Conditions were abnormally good by all accounts and there were some good efforts all round. It was strange to see the action from the other side. I knew what you were all going through as you headed for the top of those stairs. Running over them is certainly more efficient than trying to cycle over.