Thread: Work Life Balance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Work Life Balance?

It's not so much giving up work completley but sacraficing careers/big wage for a simpler way of life that allows you to spend more time outside. In the big scheme of things is it worth it?

climbing the career ladder V's more time outside............??

Master

Re: Work Life Balance?

We took the decision to move north to the Lakes when Iwas in my 40s and as a family we have never looked back, we had a large drop in Salary but the quality of life we have had over the last twenty odd years has by far and away cancelled out, the supposed advantages of being a big earner, but then we are folk that would prefer spending the evenings walking/running around say Kentmere, rather than sat in front of a dirty great Plasma TV with a laptop on our knees checking that our investments are working to further enhance our pile of cash that we can`t take with us when we die.

OK if we had stayed down south we would very probably have been retired now, but we very much doubt that we would have the health and fitness that we have now, and it`s a fact that we would have lost 20+ years of what has largely been a very active and pleasant life experience for us.

It really doe`s depend what you want out of life if the materialism thing is what float`s your boat then unless you are lucky with finding a well payed job, or prepared to commute for one (defeats the object really) then it may be better to settle for what you have, the old proverb ANOTHER MANS GRASS ALWAYS LOOKS GREENER can often be true.

Good luck whatever you choose to do
    The older I get the Faster I was