Thread: Cannock Chase Trig Points

Cannock Chase Trig Points

Mercia FR site says new route for 2011, with 16 miles, rather than the usual 15.
    No details given apart from maps will be on sale on the day?

http://www.merciafellrunners.org.uk/node/214

What's the low down?
    Anyone know the new route?
    Last edited by ShortFatHairyLegs; 07-11-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Re: Cannock Chase Trig Points

checkpoints now on mercia site but as haven't done old route can't comment on difference. its the first year there hasn't been a clash with our oclub champs so i get to do it , oh joy.hope the weather holds although i would have preferred snow to mud.

Only difference is the start is now by Milford Common rather than Brocton way.

As creaky says the grid refs for the start/finish and checkpoints are all on the Mercia website http://www.merciafellrunners.org.uk/...int_entry_form

weather forcast looks good so far (sunny...even )

Might have a jog round this tomorrow depending on how the legs feel after todays training.

was on beaudesert this am. paths in good nick apart from where forestry have driven a big log carrier across one of the main pathsleaving a huge ridge of ( at the mo) very soft mud .luverly, but not with so far to go.

Nice race this! Really enjoyed it, well set-up and marshalled.

Bit of a shock at the start to see groups taking about 5 different routes! Latched onto a local runner and jogged round at a nice steady pace, in roughly 2h25 I think, results will confirm.

obviously you got the right local runner. I had a few route finding issues. having passed the same guy for the third time was getting a little annoyed with myself. iorienteer as well but it only works if you have got the map out. was too tight to buy a race map so carried an os map which was a bit too cumbersome to run with so spent too much time in bum bag. Still a nice day and a goodish run even got a bottle of beer out of it. result

on another point , organiser apologised for costs and mentioned land access fees don't say the forestry are gouging fell runing as well as orienteering. doubly annoying as there were hundreds of punters cycling, walking and jogging/running ont, chase without any permissions or direct costs , doesn't seem fair.

Only just seen this thread. I thought the route change has made it more interesting as the old start/finish only had one way and the new map was a nice touch.
    I'd recced it beforehand but I think i new too many routes and only decided on which ones to take when I'd got to them.
    £7 still isn't bad. It was only £5 pre entry but seeing as there wasn't any route marking or the like the forestry charges are a scandal.

Creaky. From what he was saying i think Dan took the best lines. Good route from Stile Cop. Have you finished your double helping of Trig Ale? I didn't think much to it. Proper home brew stuff.

not yet tried the beer, how is the heart rate?? doesn't sound too clever. Elevated hrt usually indicates some sort of bug or other. pity they don't route gadget this race but then everyone would learn the best lines i suppose. Will you be at Sutton Park on sunday?