Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three peaks drinks

Re: Three peaks drinks

Camelbacks weigh far too much - I ran it on Saturday in what for the time of year was a flipping warm day and got round carrying two 500ml bottles of water, topping one up at the spring on the shoulder of Ingleborough. With all the water stops on the day, I'll just be carrying one bottle I think, or maybe 2 if its really warm.

I say camelbak, in my case I actually mean bumbag bladder. I've never used a camelbak either.

stolly - I only fill my bladder with around 500ml anyway so it's not that heavy. I've never emptied it completely either. I doubt I'll need more than that even if it was warm (especially with the drink stations to fall back on). I still reckon I won't bother with any on the day
    Last edited by Rob Furness; 12-04-2011 at 03:07 PM.

What works for me is bottle at the bottom of Penyghent, carried up by my missus! Drink at Ribblehead, drink at Hill Inn plus last time I carried a small bottle to top of Ingleborough and drank it on the run back in. If you can cajole a mate into carrying a bottle up to Ingleborough summit, that would be a great help on a hot day (as it was last year.)

Then a few pints of guinness to rehydrate afterwards.
    @jasesteve

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Good point...we were wondering about drinks and the 3 peaks?

Stay in Horton or head out into Settle? Taxi's back to Horton late on an issue?
    you would be very lucky to find anywhere to stay now in Horton but if you are the local taxi firm "Stainforth Taxis" would be a good bet Tel: 01729 824888.
    You may be luckier with Settle, - The Lion pub has recentley been done up-avoid The Royal Oak as its a dump! cheap drinks in Settle Social club but has a slight "this is a local pub for local people feeling"! Another nice place is the Harts Head at Giggleswick where they sell real ale.
    Campsites-best option is Knights Stainforth Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by are we nearly there yet? View Post
    you would be very lucky to find anywhere to stay now in Horton but if you are the local taxi firm "Stainforth Taxis" would be a good bet Tel: 01729 824888.
    You may be luckier with Settle, - The Lion pub has recentley been done up-avoid The Royal Oak as its a dump! cheap drinks in Settle Social club but has a slight "this is a local pub for local people feeling"! Another nice place is the Harts Head at Giggleswick where they sell real ale.
    Campsites-best option is Knights Stainforth Hall.
    We normally camp in Horton, we normally park the van up in the race field.