Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John Terry

Master

Re: John Terry

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Which school was that Mike?
    Not sure - was 11 at the time - it was in a hilly area about 3-4 miles out of the centre - we could see some fields from our windows so it was right on the edge of the suburbs - I have tried to find it on a map since without success. My father could tell me but we no longer communicate.

Taking things to the logical conclusion if the CPS gets involved for this 'race' case, why aren't they involved in all the fights and punches that are thrown in rugby matches. The Leicester plaer who punched Chris Ashton springs to mind, if I did that in the street or at my place of work, I'd be arrested, nothing was said about the legality of this. I don't think that CPS should be involved and there is too much anti Terry feeling, if it was Beckham would there be the same sentiment if not, then something is wrong.

No I don't think Terry is racist, did he say something that could be construed as racist possibly, but I think he is guilty of being pretty stupid more than anything else. Comments you 'b+++k anything' are wrong and he should be punished, but why not get him to front an anti racist campaign, let him do some good, educate the man.

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Taking things to the logical conclusion if the CPS gets involved for this 'race' case, why aren't they involved in all the fights and punches that are thrown in rugby matches. The Leicester player who punched Chris Ashton springs to mind.
    The bottom line appears to be that "The decision to charge Mr Terry was taken after police received a complaint from a member of the public", however one still wonders whether all police forces would take such complaints as seriously as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    The bottom line appears to be that "The decision to charge Mr Terry was taken after police received a complaint from a member of the public", however one still wonders whether all police forces would take such complaints as seriously as this one.
    So if someone complained about the punch on Ashton they would have intervened? Didn't actually know that it was down to someone complaining. Learnt something new.

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    So if someone complained about the punch on Ashton they would have intervened? Didn't actually know that it was down to someone complaining. Learnt something new.
    Must admit I didn't know that either, and yes I guess they would have intervened if such a complaint was made, but imagine how busy the police would be if a complaint was made for every punch thrown in rugby/ice hockey etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Not sure - was 11 at the time - it was in a hilly area about 3-4 miles out of the centre - we could see some fields from our windows so it was right on the edge of the suburbs.
    That could be any where in sheffield ...