Page 136 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Master

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    Dog Breath, I wasn't advocating 'rushing' through checkpoints, just a slow and leisurely refuel to avoid stiffening up too much that's all.
    On the basis of just one Fellsman, I'm with the 'keep moving' advocates. I only suffered with stiffening up twice - when forced to stop for 15 minutes to have my (entire) kit checked, and when we had to stop for almost half an hour to get grouped. Other than these, my longest stop was at Dent, for 5 minutes.

Well living just down the road from Ingleton means that I'm very attune with the local weather in the general fellsman area and you'll be pleased to know its been absolutely peeing down. And it is due to continue that way on and off for the next few days for sure, with maybe some proper heavy rain due Monday and Tuesday next week (if you believe the long range weather forecast). Certainly the usual boggy bits in the local hills are really, really nice and wet and boggy . I don't have any pictures of Fleet Moss personally but I suspect that the peat groughs are filling up nicely. As a nice scene setter I did manage to find an apt picture of Fleet Moss on the web though:

That said the long range weather forecast is predicting slightly better weather for 28th, maybe even some sunshine

Im in Upper Wharfedale and that is a fair assessment of the current conditions. It's going to be soft going.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    As a nice scene setter I did manage to find an apt picture of Fleet Moss on the web though:

That looks lovely :thumbup: I must admit to having had a few envious thoughts reading all the recent posts about the Fellsman, wishing I was doing it. Now I'm feeling a little better about things. On my one and only Fellsman in 2010, Fleet Moss was bone dry!

yep...must remember to pack my snorkel and tie my shoelaces tightly!:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    That looks lovely :thumbup: I must admit to having had a few envious thoughts reading all the recent posts about the Fellsman, wishing I was doing it. Now I'm feeling a little better about things. On my one and only Fellsman in 2010, Fleet Moss was bone dry!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

8 days to go and I have picked up the lurgy and sent home from work today before I infect everyone else. I could hardly sit up straight with coughing and wretching fits never so god knows how next weekend will go?
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Also on the 'wounded' list, I'm still limping round with the calf tear that pulled me up halfway round Gisborough Moors on Sunday.
    My chances even of starting aren't looking very promising at the moment. :thunbdown:
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

bloody hell the excuses are starting........... only joking lads sorry to hear some of us arent 100%, ive got an ulcer giving my stomach a run for its money too but will be there even if i have to walk round, which looking at stolly's picture could well be the case in parts. that looked a bit wet and messy stolly thanks for the update :thumbup:going to get the map sorted over weekend i think

Me too tussock face, had MRI and it looks like I've managed to sustain a compression fracture of the tibia, I've yet to hear fom the consultant for the final diagnosis and outlook so still a tiny glimmer of hope

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Also on the 'wounded' list, I'm still limping round with the calf tear that pulled me up halfway round Gisborough Moors on Sunday.
    My chances even of starting aren't looking very promising at the moment. :thunbdown:

good luck with it protodoc.