Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy Pud Fell Race

Master

Re: Gravy Pud Fell Race

Seamless NBLG organisation yet again - cheers.
    Another top-value race what with the tea, cake, vouchers, warm friendly Bulls Head, lots of forumites (including some like Swoop and John4of5 cheering-on along the course), etc
    My 4 mile jog over to the start via Wild Bank Trig 399m (400m if you leap frog the pillar) - with a rucksack of cake on by back - got me nice and warmed through for the race. I passed RR on Lees Hill at 10:15 going the other way, flagging (taping) the course. Oh dear I kind of think he managed to tape the course faster than I managed to race it? Overall a nice 13 mile 3-hour run for me with the race sandwiched in the middle of two jogs. I was glad the rucksack was 'sans-cake' on the jog back home.
    Fast ground conditions so will be interesting to digest race times. I didn’t slow down in the frozen cow-trampled fields through the woods, so ended up with a few minor frozen-cow-turd-induced-lacerations on my ankle. Made a change from the slipping and sliding of last year.
    Yes, how does that Rob Taylor find time to bake prize-winning cakes as well as championship running and top vet cat prizes galore. I hear from reliable source (his good self) that his next foray is into prize-winning geraniums. His cake was lovely to taste as well as look at I must say.
    PS - BTW I suspect Chris Jackson & Tom Jackson positions (numbers) might be swapped – but I guess Chris might be on / PM to confirm.
    Powered by Ugali.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    PS that was a long 5 mile
    It was last year, nearer 5.5m
    Hope Mrs A is OK
    Hard ground and tight hamstrings caused me to stop at home.
    Well done Dom on the speed of the results.

Thanks Andi and Dom and all marshalls and helpers. It's a bit like a Jura - a cake festival with a fell race tacked on!
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Really enjoyed it today - thanks to everyone who helped make it happen :thumbup: I managed to sneak into the top half for the first time in about six months slowly clawing my way up the field after my year of overtraining doom...

Also, due to the record entries, we'll be making donations to Woodhead MRT, North West Air Ambulance and Macmillan Cancer Support.
    Last edited by dominion; 02-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Also, due to the record entries, we'll be making donations to Woodhead MRT, North West Air Ambulance and Macmillan Cancer Care.
    :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Thanks to the RO & everyone else who made todays race possible. Not raced for ages so a shock to the system after just a handfull of 'training' runs. The weather was splendid and the view over the course made you feel privileged to be 'in the scenery'. Lack of training took its toll by the time I got to the res and it seemed a long slog to the finish line but no pain no gain and all that and hopefully a springboard to more races and an improved state of fitness. Couple of pints of TTL and a chunk of a very nice homemade biscuit were mandatory - the pudding chips & peas cake was a work of art but never did get to try any as the Fleet father & son team had polished it off!
    Well done to Ady.

Don't forget if you enjoyed todays Gravy race

Hurst Green Turkey Trot :thumbup:

December 16th 1pm registration at the village hall BB7 9QS. Details on
    ukresults.net

Same distance and similar terrain as today, also course records held by RR (I hear he's running it dressed as Santa this year so there may be a scalp to be had) if not we'll just Andi-cap him :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    PS - BTW I suspect Chris Jackson & Tom Jackson positions (numbers) might be swapped – but I guess Chris might be on / PM to confirm.
    I think you're probably right. I've just gone through the entry forms and those two were the wrong way round so probably got typed incorrectly. I've swapped them round.
    Last edited by dominion; 02-12-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Here is my photo of Rob's cake. Mind you Rachel's Guiness cake looked a bit special!

Attachment 6569
    Last edited by William Clough; 03-12-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: better photo

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Thanks Andi and Dom and all marshalls and helpers. It's a bit like a Jura - a cake festival with a fell race tacked on!
    Marshals.

I blame the teachers.
    Lets get it rite!