Thread: Aran Fawddwy race

Aran Fawddwy race

Only 2 weeks to go untill the anual Aran Fawddwy fell race (10.5mile 3100ft) ran from Llanuwchllyn here in N.Wales.

The race is the final counter in the Meirionnydd RC winter fell series and the series is currently led by Martin Cliffe of Eryri Harriers who is in fantastic early season form. Meirionnydd's own Dave Parker has it all to do to catch Martin in 2nd place with a 2min 38sec deficit to close over the 10.5mile 3100ft course and in 3rd place in the series is the Eryri stalwart Dylan Wyn Jones (rocksteady) only 1min 22sec behind Dave.

So it looks like being a cracker of a race on the highest southern peak in Britain.

The race is allso the second counter in the WFRA N.wales champs.

More race info and series standings in all categorys can be found on the website www.run-meirionnydd.co.uk

Re: Aran Fawddwy race

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Only 2 weeks to go untill the anual Aran Fawddwy fell race (10.5mile 3100ft) ran from Llanuwchllyn here in N.Wales.

The race is the final counter in the Meirionnydd RC winter fell series and the series is currently led by Martin Cliffe of Eryri Harriers who is in fantastic early season form. Meirionnydd's own Dave Parker has it all to do to catch Martin in 2nd place with a 2min 38sec deficit to close over the 10.5mile 3100ft course and in 3rd place in the series is the Eryri stalwart Dylan Wyn Jones (rocksteady) only 1min 22sec behind Dave.

So it looks like being a cracker of a race on the highest southern peak in Britain.

The race is allso the second counter in the WFRA N.wales champs.

More race info and series standings in all categorys can be found on the website www.run-meirionnydd.co.uk
    I'll do my best to be there, I've done the other two this winter - this is by far the toughest of the three races, especially if the weather gives us a hard time! However it'll be great when it's done!!

You running ifs?

Would be great to see you there Martin.
    I'm going to give it a go mate, but will be more of a crawl than a run hehehe! :-P but its on the doorstep so it has to be done. Great to see you firing on all cylinders in the longs mate.

Good one.. I've moved to Germany now so will focus on the longer mountain runs in the Alps generally..