Page 182 of 1696 FirstFirst ... 821321721801811821831841922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 16952

Thread: Today's Training

Master and MR

Re: Today's Training

3 miles with my lovely wife

david

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Up Pen y Ghent out of Horton up the steep right hand shoulders and back down, brilliantly fast, over the moor to Hull Pot, then Horton. Maybe 7 miles.
    That's only 5.5 miles on race day and I bet you didn't do the loop out of the sports field .

Up Skiddaw and 10 other peaks today. About 20 miles and 4500 feet of ascent. Only ran on the downhill and flat bits. Can't walk now and have huge blisters on my heels. Need a bath and a massage. Wife away. May have to get someone in!
    30 years and still here.

Smile Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by rossendalemark View Post
    Up Skiddaw and 10 other peaks today. About 20 miles and 4500 feet of ascent. Only ran on the downhill and flat bits. Can't walk now and have huge blisters on my heels. Need a bath and a massage. Wife away. May have to get someone in!
    Now, now - just because her indoors is outdoors no reason to misbehave! Does that kind of activity go on in the Lakes?

Half hour flat xc for me today after a week of with manic work and cricked neck. Felt good to be back out.

1hr road run.... oh how I miss them green hills!
    Wants to see the Old Fella again SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    That's only 5.5 miles on race day and I bet you didn't do the loop out of the sports field .
    Hehe, I start at the car park, run the length of Horton and go up the steeper route on the right to the shoulders of Pen y Ghent. I can run it all but for 2 10 metre scrambles. Its a faster but harder climb than the race route and takes me circa 35 minutes to the top (as against 41 minutes in the race up the 'boring' way). Then its straight down to Hull Pot, a truly fantastic descent, which is virtually all over soggy moor and is angled away to the right from the path used in the race, before heading back to H in R for a mug of tea at the cafe. I worked it out on a map as about 6.5 ....and a bit so that's 7 in my book

I tend to run this most Sunday mornings, having done a 10 to 15 miler on the Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Egglett View Post
    1hr road run.... oh how I miss them green hills!
    How come you're on roads Egglett? Stuck in a city?

david

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Hehe, I start at the car park, run the length of Horton and go up the steeper route on the right to the shoulders of Pen y Ghent.
    Do you mean via Brackenbottom?

Out on the bike tonight, only did about 40 - 50 miles in about 3 hours (never keep a count of these things) plenty of climbing and descending, lot of wind resistance (but tailwinds too) hit 40MPH on the flat on the mtn road (looking at my shadow I had a perfect circular pedal stroke too!), came back into town, rode along the flat prom, chased down & overtook a lot of cars too (hit 160BPM something I never managed before on the bike)!! Then had a little warm down, up and down the prom on the cycleway (the one that the bloody pedestrians insist on ambling along) (only about 15MPH high cadence, easy gears), then home climbing up a steep hill, final sprint off the top, and after putting the bike away went for a run to warm down, and stretch.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Do you mean via Brackenbottom?

No idea

I run to the Settle end of Horton (pub and church there) and then up the lane on my left. After half a mile I reach a farm and the path (steeply) starts through the fields and moor at that point.