Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: post brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    But there is a rise in questioning the validity of a result and it seems to come from the left of centre politically.
    Sorry WP. I must keep in future

Usually those questioning the validity, are those who disagree with the result. Hedging his bets. Mr Fuhrage had stated; a 52% / 48% vote, should lead to a second referendum. A template for a second referendum, petition, had also been set up by a Brxitter.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    Sorry WP. I must keep in future

Usually those questioning the validity, are those who disagree with the result. Hedging his bets. Mr Fuhrage had stated; a 52% / 48% vote, should lead to a second referendum. A template for a second referendum, petition, had also been set up by a Brxitter.
    Farage isn't so much a politician as the front man for a pressure group.

I haven't seen a front line right of centre politician claim a stewards on any of the Labour election victories, or such as the Welsh and Scottish assembly referendums.
    When the Tories get beat in a GE they tend to look at where they went wrong.
    When the Labour party get beat in a GE they tend to think the public misunderstood them, or they didn't get their message across.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Has anything changed in anyone's day to day life.
    Unless your a political activist.
    Accept democracy
    I buy most of my stock from China - I sell on eBay - Since the vote all the items I order have gone up in price by about 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
    I buy most of my stock from China - I sell on eBay - Since the vote all the items I order have gone up in price by about 10%.
    so will all your competitors I assume?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
    If you sell abroad (I used to do a roaring trade in Radio Times when I lived in the UK), your prices look very good to those in North America.
    When the fells call, they scream.

Farage isn't so much a politician as the front man for a pressure group.

I haven't seen a front line right of centre politician claim a stewards on any of the Labour election victories, or such as the Welsh and Scottish assembly referendums.
    When the Tories get beat in a GE they tend to look at where they went wrong.
    When the Labour party get beat in a GE they tend to think the public misunderstood them, or they didn't get their message across.
    Fox hunting. Generally accepted as a tory pastime. In a free vote, 137/ 6 tories voted to bring back bloodsports.

Lots of dummies spat when it was democratically, banned, many refused to accept it. Cameron refused to accept it, brought it to the parliament, again and lost the vote. Now May and Leadsom both sympathise will blood sport.

Perhaps they thought the public misunderstood them or maybe they didn't get their message across.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    Fox hunting. Generally accepted as a tory pastime. In a free vote, 137/ 6 tories voted to bring back bloodsports.

Lots of dummies spat when it was democratically, banned, many refused to accept it. Cameron refused to accept it, brought it to the parliament, again and lost the vote. Now May and Leadsom both sympathise will blood sport.

Perhaps they thought the public misunderstood them or maybe they didn't get their message across.
    I'm not sure that is a very appropriate parallel. We are talking about the reaction to a National election or referendum.
    The hunting ban came from a Labour manifesto commitment in 1997 to hold a free vote, which they did.

A similar example would be a Governments approach to tax and spend. We vote in a Tory Govt and you will get less tax and less Govt spending and then you can vote in Labour, who will most likely tax more and spend more, then back to the Tories again and so it continues.

But that is down to a General Election and decided by the electorate.

Taxes, as an example, can be adjusted at anytime is reaction to circumstances.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

I'm not sure that is a very appropriate parallel. Labour manifesto commitment in 1997 to hold a free vote, which they did.
    And the tories didn't like the result. The pro bloodsport supporters, keep going on about it. Cameron tries to bring back bloodsports etc.
    You are right, its not an exact parallel. The tories/bloodsport supporters, would never dare have a referendum on bloodsport.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I cannot believe I am saying this - but thank God for that!